Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Any one Drive........

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by candysmum, Jul 6, 2009.

1. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

A

Kia Sedona??

We are looking at getting a new(er) car next year around 07 plate maybe 08 plate if i had my way BRAND NEW!

I have to get rid of the Zafira which IS to young fro the scarpage thing by 6 months! shes not 10 until september 2010 :(

But currently worth £2k £2.5k if i am lucky

Just wondering what the Kia sedona is like size, boot with all 7 seats in, drive, comfort etc etc etc

thanks if you can help

2. Dylan & Daisy

Dylan & Daisy PetForums VIP

Sorry cant help you but good luck!! hope you get the one you want :D

3. SemolinaPilchard

SemolinaPilchard PetForums Member

4. Sampuppy

Sampuppy PetForums VIP

On my second Kia Sedona and LOVE it!!!! It is a fab vehicle - the seating combinations are great and i've had no problems with it whatsoever!!! Not sure what model you're looking for - ours is a Sedona SE plus - 2.9 litre. It doesn't half move too!!! (not that I speed of course). If you need any specific questions answered then i'd be only too happy!!! :)

5. _Lesley_

_Lesley_ PetForums Member

I have a Kia Sportage and although I can't comment on the Sedona I can confirm that the Kia warranty and customer service is second to none.

I bought my Sportage new in September 07 and the service we received from Hidson was spot on - so much so we ended up buying another one :D

6. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

well i am looking at the sedona as i NEED 7 seats, i need some extra space as my zafira when it has all the seats in i have NO boot i can put a tiny tool box in it and thats it no room for shopping or suitcases etc.

I love the fact the doors SLIDE which in the car parks with 4 kids ranging from 9 to 4 is ideal!

ANY info on it will be great. I want it to be comfortable, spacey, not like a bus, easy to move and not like a tank like my volvo was!

SO anything you can tell me will be GREAT! funny i just saw an advert for Kia and if i brought a new one then i would get 7 years warrenty BONUS!! i need to get hubby on bored and sell the zafira or part exchange it!

7. Sampuppy

Sampuppy PetForums VIP

The new ones are slightly different to the one i've got - mines an 06 plate. The new ones have doors that slide open automatically I believe which is handty if it's raining and you can get them open for when the kids reach the car!!! The seating layout is also slightly different - the three seats are in the middle and then two at the back. The boot isn't that big but for a midweek shop it's no problem at all. The beauty is though that you can pop the back seats down easily and put shopping on top of them. You can also take seats out fairly easily (a bit heavy though). I'm always getting OH to take seats out and put them back etc!!! Not sure on your criteria for insurance but I find the insurance very reasonable on it. Fuel consumption seems okay too - not alarmingly different from other cars i've driven. Not sure if the new ones have a DVD player in or not?? - ours does but not sure if they've changed the spec. We've got parking sensors which are great - wouldn't be without them!! Once you get used to driving it, it's great - but because you've already got a people carrier then you won't have too much of a problem getting used to the size. I think the only thing that is tricky on the new ones is the handbrake is a foot pedal!!!! ( i know because sister in law has a new one). I'm sure it's fine when you get used to it but would imagine it takes a bit of getting used to?? Servicing doesn't seem to be a problem or over expensive. Can't think of anything else to say - if you think of something specific - even if it's a bit more technical then I can always ask OH. Hope this helps. :)

8. Dingle

Dingle PetForums VIP

A neighbour of mine has a sedona, he says it's great for towing but as with all 7 seat mpv's there is little boot space with the rear seats in place.

I had a Zaffy years ago & much prefer the flex 7 seating than the fixed or removable stuff.

9. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

i know nowt about people wagons but i would say since you have 4 kids 2 adults and assorted stuff to put in it get the one with the BIGGEST engine you can afford, that way you will have the power you need to overtake, get out of junctions and get out of the way of anything, there's nothing worse than coming up a slip road doing 50 and all the traffic is doing 70 yet you just can't get there an either have to pull out doing 50 (never a good idea) or worse have to stop and wait for a bigger gap!

Power isn't merely about speed it's also safer and more efficient to have a good powerful engine under the tank-like-lump of a people wagon, especially when it's fully loaded.

Stuff all the other extras if you can't afford them, you can add them later (alloys and interior guff) get a good engine and you'll have better fuel efficiency for the size and use of the car. wagons are notoriously underpowered for their weight. on the test drive take EVERYONE and 2 full suitcases (preferably as heavy as possible), you might get some odd looks but at least you'll know it's worth the brand new price.

personally though, if it was me i'd sell 2 of the kids and get an estate ;)
    or, option 2, not take them anywhere lol

have fun on the test drive, remember to try and reverse it into a space :D

10. Sampuppy

Sampuppy PetForums VIP

No problems with the power in ours!!! - in fact - I think many people wonder where the hell I came from sometimes!!!! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice