Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

any medical people here?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by skyblue, Apr 8, 2011.

1. skyblue

skyblue PetForums VIP

doctors etc....someone at work isn't telling the whole truth about something,so i have a question if there is

2. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

Think maybe BSH is but I'm not sure where I've got that from :confused:

xx

3. Well doubt we have a doctor in the house! but someone may know what you are talking about! are you able to share? I am intrigued! or some would say a nosey parker!:eek:

4. skyblue

skyblue PetForums VIP

ok,we have a few agency workers in at the moment,well last saturday i found one collapsed down one of tha ailses,he was out cold,making sort of snoring/snorting noises and foaming at the mouth,now relevant action was taken etc......an ambulance was called and he was taken away in it,he was back at work sunday claiming he had fainted but i'm not so sure,my brothers epileptic and if he fits he does exactly the same...now if this person does have fits he shouldn't be driving any sort of MHE at work(an investigation is taking place) and he definately shouldn't be behind the wheel of a car

5. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

I believe you can't drive within at least 12 months (possibly 18 months) after having ANY seizure whether epileptic or not.

6. skyblue

skyblue PetForums VIP

its 2 years,well it was for my brother anyway

7. ArabiCoffee

ArabiCoffee PetForums Member

Not a doc. but seen some epileptic fits myself at my workplace, and this DOES sound like one to be honest!!! so yeh, I don't think this person should be driving anything anytime soon...

Edit: and yes we usually do say 2 years after a seizure...

#7 ArabiCoffee, Apr 8, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  8. skyblue

skyblue PetForums VIP

i fainted at school once many years ago and it was nothing like this,i just went light headed and flaked out,no foaming or anything

9. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

When you faint you just fall to the ground, its like a reset button, but you don't foam at the mouth or anything like that!

10. ArabiCoffee

ArabiCoffee PetForums Member

the most common reason for fainting (I believe) is a drop in blood pressure, so that does get u all cold (been there myself), but no foaming, snoring or anything like that is included...

11. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

My son Adam have had fits and he was foaming from his mouth and making a gurgling sounds. I'm not a nurse or anything like that but .. with a faint you only feel light headed and tingly and pass out, I have passed out on many many occasions and I never once foamed from the mouth, if you suspect something more serious then should'nt you put him on a day or two suspension and during that time he should bring in a doctors note to explain what had happened to him on that day to cover your firm for insurance purposes.??? sounds to me like he had a fit.

12. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Does sound like a fit (if they werent putting it on for attention!:rolleyes:). Snoring or gurgling can happen with someone who is post ictal (after a fit), often they are quite sleepy too and if they are really unlucky they get to wet themselves too!:)

13. JoinTheChase

JoinTheChase PetForums Junior

My mum's a doctor and my uncle has epilepsy, and that's not just a faint. His lisence must be taken away until it's proven what it was either way. You can't drive if you're being investigated for any kind of black out.

14. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

This seems to be a seizure/fit...possibly epileptic..and yes there is a valid concern as to if that person may drive...

15. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

seizure fit or some ones on drugs.. :rolleyes:

16. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Maybe they have narcolepsy and sleep apnoea??:eek:

17. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

It's impossible to say what the issue is, the guy himself may not not know if this is the first time this has ever happened to him :(

He may be awaiting tests to try and find out what caused this episode, if it was a one off suspected "fit" that will not necessarily be enough to label him epileptic!

Anyway, hope he is okay :)

18. skyblue

skyblue PetForums VIP

you wouldn't say that if you met him:nono:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice