Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Any Ideas?

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by thedogsmother, Jan 27, 2012.

1. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Ive finally given up on the idea of bonding Lisa and Honey, I have had them in a split tank for months now, swapping sides twice a day and every time I try an intro its total carnage, well not really because I intervene but if I didnt stop them there would be dead or seriously injured gerbils :(. So Ive bought a large (4.5ft) tank and I want to split it permanently, I want to use mesh because they interact nicely when they are either side of the mesh but Im struggling with how to make a permanent division out of mesh, bearing in mind I dont want any sharp edges and it has to be safe from escape because if they got in with each other it would be very bad. So any ideas how to do it you inventive peeps :smile5:

2. Maltey

Maltey PetForums VIP

Would it have to be mesh? Would you be able to get some glass put in the middle, the same way they glue the shelves and things in?

Or could you make a mesh frame, so you don't have the edges sticking out, they'd be inbetween the bits of wood.

3. thedogsmother

The reason Id prefer mesh is they do lick and sniff each other through the mesh that they have at the moment, I really wanted them to have company so the through the mesh relationship is the closest I can have for them.

4. Maltey

Maltey PetForums VIP

Hmmm. What a head scratcher.
    The best I can think of now is the frame- but my best ideas come just as I'm going to sleep so maybe I'll come up with something later lol

5. thedogsmother

Thanks Maltey, it would also need to be something easy as Im not very technically minded at all :eek:, not asking a lot am I :lol:

6. GerbilNik

GerbilNik PetForums Senior

I've pm'd you back Gill x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice