Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

any idea on council obligation & kitchens?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cassies-mum, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Cassies-mum

Cassies-mum PetForums VIP

we need ours redone and wonder if the council will do it for us as it hasnt been done here in years (Well... thats what they think... my dad did it for us 2 yrs odd ago but hey)

2. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

The council redid my mum's kitchen but I'm not sure how she went about it. I will ask her for you! :)

3. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

the council houses near me have had their kitchens since around 1986 when they were built, they are falling to bits and although have had promises of new kitchens, double glazing and new bathroom, they have over the last four years, put it off, said just sorting out whats what, now they have all been sent letters stateing they have now lost the funding for it and are looking at other avenues, lol. Dont hold your breath is all im saying.

4. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

We've lived in our current council house for 12 years or so. They wont even consider a new kitchen, even though the doors are hanging off, and its not suitable for a disabled person.

They most they did was give us £40 of vouchers.

5. shortbackandsides

shortbackandsides PetForums VIP

councils dont give,they only take!!!;)
    they only will do this after x amount of years,and possibly not at all if someone else has fitted a kitchen in place of the old council one!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice