Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Any help gratefully rec'd

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Kramant, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Kramant

Kramant PetForums Newbie

Hello All

I am a new member and potentially a dog owner!!

I have a wife - 2 children (6 & 4) and one on the way (hopefully) and we have been thinking of getting a dog. We think it would be good for the kids to show a little responsibility as well as a companion for all the family as I sometimes work shifts. My wife works 2 days a week- 9 to 5, but at home most of the ther time.

Not sure what dog would be suitable for our circumstances and whether to get a puppy or slightly older dog? any suggestions or help would be great

Thanx All

2. dogsdinner

dogsdinner PetForums Junior

Can you get to Crufts next month they have a section with all breeds with there owners who will talk about whether there breed would be suitable.Dont forget rescue dogs there are lots of cross breeds available as well as recognised types and there are some lovely dogs looking for a home if you go to a proper place they will make sure you don't take something you can't handle and will advice if your situation is right for a dog to come into. IMO I wouldn't have a dog first time round with kids under 6 would be a lot to deal with as well as a new baby as its a big committment but thats just my opinion.

3. Kramant

Kramant PetForums Newbie

Thanx for all your advice and time - cheers

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice