Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Any Hairdressers in the House?!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by abbieandchi, Jan 26, 2012.

1. abbieandchi

abbieandchi PetForums Senior

To cut a long story short (no pun intended), I make a big decision and wanted to recreate myself (don't we all?), so I went for a haircut.

I got a short graduated bob which I love but I had a voucher and it actually worked out cheaper to get my hair dyed too. I'd been dying my hair a very faded auburn colour that I really liked, I'm very pale so it suited my skin really well. I told her to go for the same colour but she 1) picked a very dark red but assured me it would be fine and 2) left it on for almost an hour! I usually only leave mine on for about 15 and I told her this! Part of the reason was that they were so busy but had no receptionist so she had to pop off every few minutes to answer calls and book appointments :rolleyes:

Anyway, I absolutely hate it. It's way too dark and it's almost like a very bloody red. I know red is an absolutely BEYOTCH to get rid off so I have no idea what to do. Even now, almost a week later, it's still turning my shower water red and ruining towels.

Ideally I'd like to go back to a very natural blonde but I have no idea how to do it!

If anyone can recommend anything then please let me know.

2. MCWillow

MCWillow PetForums VIP

I cant answer this now, but my son is coming round to cut my hair tomorrow night so I can ask him then if you like? :)

3. abbieandchi

abbieandchi PetForums Senior

Oh that would be fantastic, thank you so much.

I have a right mind to go in and complain, really I should have done it the second she dried my hair, even she seems horrified that it had gone so dark. I knew after 40 minutes of the dye being on that it was going to be too dark but she was so busy greeting customers that I didn't say anything. Plus I trusted her :rolleyes:

But yes, thank you and I hope your haircut looks lovely.

4. MCWillow

MCWillow PetForums VIP

I hope so too!
    He said 'I will come round on 2 conditions, 1) I want lasagne and 2) you are getting restyle'

Ermmm OK Jake :lol:

5. theevos5

theevos5 PetForums VIP

what about sending a pm to classixuk,he is an expert and hopefully may be able to help

6. redroses2106

redroses2106 PetForums VIP

7. MCWillow

MCWillow PetForums VIP

hiya this is kez's son jake

your right red is a bitch to get rid of, you could strip it but i dont recommend as it will leave your hair feeling horrid. Its gunna take some time and some effort to get you to blonde. 1.) the colour shouldnt have been left on for an hour, at most tint should be left on for 30 mins, dont worry it wont have damaged your hair to much but it will have over prosessed, this means it can be harder to change the color because your hair will only absorb so much product, as you said your not happy with the color i would go back and complain asap to see if you can get your money back 2.) switch your shampoo to head and sholders the original one, only while your trying to get the red to fade, its like paint stripper. 3.) Boots sell a product called color B4, go buy it, use the color B4, follow the instructions, because its red you might want to buy two incase the first one isnt as effective as it needs to be, its best to have the money to go back to the hairdressers soon after you've done this because you dont want to be walking round with naff hair now do ya! 4.) when you go back to the hairdressers i would say go for a full head of high lights, not just bleach tell the hairdresser you want some gold tones etc maybe use a high lift tint (hairdresser should know what this is) for a more natural finish

8. DoodlesRule

DoodlesRule PetForums VIP

Personally I would go back, say you had said what you wanted and felt pushed into going with what they said and you hate it. Make them put it right

9. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

and tell him to get back here and post as well. :crying:

10. MCWillow

MCWillow PetForums VIP

that is an option but they would most likely just put a load of bleach highlights through the hair which would damage the hair and make it feel terrible

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice