UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have just bought an 18 month old garra rufa fish spa in Spain, knowing that many spas have shut since the craze started a couple of years ago. The Spa is run alongside a beauty salon but has been popular in its own right in our locality with Spanish and ex pat customers and I believed that there was a place for a professional establisment in the area offering this therapy.
However, since taking it over, I have been having problems both with the fish attacking and eating each other (I employ a professional fish keeper to look after them, water levels generally OK and we feed them 3-4 times a day so I dont know why this is happening) and also the novelty of them seems to have worn off so that commercially it is not really proving viable. Having said this there is a 6 unit portable fish spa in the local shopping centre that is doing very well.
I notice that most of the posts about garra rufa fish spas are dated up to 2011 - and I would like to ask other garra rufa spa owners who have posted here previously how they are getting on now.
I am particularly interested to talk to people who have overcome problems with the fish dying and attacking each other or to anyone else who can give constructive advice.
Thanks

·
Registered
10,788 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Re your question. I think reposting in the dedicated 'Fish' section (scroll down the Index page) would be more likely to produce the answers you seek.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.