Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Any Gardeners out there?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by poohdog, Mar 28, 2011.

1. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

Now the weather has improved a bit,are any of you getting into the garden?

I paid my first vist to a garden centre yesterday.One of those rip off places that looks more like Harrods and costs even more.
    But they do have a large range of plug plants which I always buy to grow on myself mostly three quid for 24...much cheaper than buying larger plants for hanging baskets in another month or so.

I only bought two larger plants at £1 each.And by choosing two bushier specimens I've got nearly twenty cuttings off them...Lot's of free plants in a couple of weeks..:001_smile:
    Only snag is finding enough window sills to grow them all on until the frosts have gone.

Off to a cheapo shop today for new baskets and plant food...at about a third of the cost at 'Harrods'

2. rob158

rob158 PetForums VIP

I have about 15 trays filled with veg seeds :laugh:

3. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Yes, we have been out digging in our overgrown veg wpatch most of the weekend.

We have loads to do, it will take ages but we've already started growing some seedlings in the conservatory. I must admit I am shocked at prices in the garden centre, we use any old plastic pot to start things off, doesn't look as pretty when they are all lined up but does the job just as well.

4. Gilly and Jess

Gilly and Jess PetForums Senior

I love my garden, tho I have to confine everything to tubs and pots since it's concrete city :( I have stacks of different varieties on the go, love to see colour in the garden. My Kilmarnock willow is currently coming back to life, as are my garden lillies.

love this time of year with a passion, can spend more on bulbs and seeds than food! :tongue_smilie:

5. danielled

danielled Guest

We are growing our own veg again you should have seen the cuccmbers last year lol one mum for got to seperate Mr cuccumber from Mrs Cuccumber so me and my auntie had to do that. He had already done his damage and made her sour though.:(

6. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

We are using our garden purely to grow fruit and veg. I'm spolit and my MIL runs a garden centre so i can have whatever i want. :)

7. noogsy

noogsy PetForums VIP

i grow from seed but i also buy from the supermarkets,
    i like morrisons for plants,they are very reasonable.
    some of the garden centres are taxing us to the hilt.
    so its worth being careful.
    keep a eye in the cheepie shops like More Store for pots and seeds.
    and good luck with your garden. x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice