Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Any English setter owners on here?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Jamcon, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Jamcon

Jamcon PetForums Junior

I have only just joined and I was wondering if anyone else on here was owned by an English setter or even another setter? We seem to be such a rare breed nowadays:rolleyes: I am the only one in my area who owns them....

2. Puppy Love

Puppy Love PetForums Senior

Hi Jamcon

We have a 12wk old Irish Red Setter, she is such a joy and so very loving. Her name is Tilly and we are in the process of trying to house train, she was only aloud out of our garden for the 1st time yesterday so everything is such a big adventure to her, she is a touch nervous when cars and things go by that are noisy but she is so funny, amazed at leaves blowing in the wind.

The setter nature is so placid, but also so playful. I will post a photo as soon as I can download to my computer.

Great to talk to you
    Bye for now

Puppy Love

3. Jamcon

Jamcon PetForums Junior

Aw, can't wait to see the pics, I love the Irish... I have pics of my 2 English posted, they are Jamie who is 16mths and has a heart of gold and Deacon 10wks, he is a very norty puppy:p

4. carol

carol PetForums VIP

i think its only your two who have english setters so far

ive seen some pic's they are beauti's

5. Jamcon

Jamcon PetForums Junior

Aw thanks.... they are handsome boys, but then I am biased!!:p

6. Puppy Love

Hi Jamcon

They are lovely boys, such beautiful markings.

I will try to get my photos of Tilly on the forum early next week - can't get hold of the reader to download my photos, so I may have to pop into work and get them to download onto a disc for the moment.

Puppy Love

7. Puppy Love

Hi Jamcon

As promised - here is a photo of our Red Setter Tilly, she is 16 wks oh actually 17 wks 2moro - saturday.

Puppy Love

Attached Files:

8. Jamcon

Jamcon PetForums Junior

Aw, she is so pretty:) I hope to have an Irish too one day!;)

9. arianey

arianey PetForums Newbie

Hi Jamcon

We've just adopted a 3 year old English Setter called Gordon. He's the friendliest dog ever and really energetic. He loves chasing rabbits and birds.

The only problem is, if we let him off the lead, he disappears into the distance and doesn't come back about 20 mins. Is yours the same?

10. mstori

mstori PetForums VIP

hi,
    I do not have setters now, but i grew up with both english and irish. They had amazing temprements (i remember dressing them up.. i was only ickle lol)
    my only problem was the slavver..omg! it got everywhere, so glad it was my mams job to clean it :D
    beautiful dogs and its very rare you see a one..

11. Dazadal

Dazadal PetForums Member

Hi Welcome to the Forum. :)

My grandma used to have English and Irish Setters. She had some lovely bitches an Orange Belton called Dolly when I was growing up and a lovely Blue Belton boy she had as a rescue called Jason. I love Irish Setters but we always found that the English Setters were calmer and more biddable.

Enjoy your time here. :)

#11 Dazadal, Apr 8, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice