Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Any cat rescuers about?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by swatton42, Jan 9, 2012.

1. swatton42

swatton42 PetForums Senior

Opening my own animal rescue is something that I have been thinking about for quite a long time now. I am currently helping out with a small animal rescue local to me, and I am doing a small mammal care course to support it. On completion I am also thinking about doing the cat care course that Compass Education offers, we will see when the time comes. I already have a animal management qualification but it covers a more general base of a lot of topics, whereas these go into the specific needs of different species.

I have been doing research upon research and probably still will be in a few weeks, months maybe even years time. I know that there are certain things that I need to do before I can even consider starting.

What made you guys start rescuing, and how did you go about starting up? This is a looooooooooooong way in the future but while I have the time I may as well pack it with as much research as I can so I know 'exactly' what I need to prepare for it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice