Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Any advice?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by sinatra, May 14, 2010.

1. sinatra

sinatra PetForums Newbie

*Posted in training and behaviour but perhaps I should have posted here? Sorry, not sure!*

Hi guys, this is my first post so please be gentle! I wonder if any of you fab people can advise.

My cat (female) is about 9 years old - she has been spayed. Over the past six months or so she's had alot of male cat attention. She has one 'friend' who sits at our back door and waits for her to come out and there's one who waits out the front for her.

I've noticed that they sit on the floor while she sits above them. I wonder if they are actually friendly or whether she is being bullied by them. She just lashed out at one in the back garden (she was on the chair and he was on the ground) and he didn't retaliate.

The thing is that she doesn't necessarily sit on the floor with them so I wondered if she was being hounded or whether she is being a bit of a princess? If she is 'in charge' I'm happy to leave them coming around the house. If not, I might just get a water pistol

What do you guys think? Thanks xx

2. Arlani

Arlani PetForums Junior

I think it's nothing to worry about, sounds like she's just the boss! :) But I'd just keep an eye on them if I were you, if you see them bullying her or anything you can always scare them off later on. For now it just seems harmless by the sound of it!

3. sinatra

sinatra PetForums Newbie

Thank you, Alarni (sp?). I'm sure you're right. She does walk with a certain swagger so you can't blame the boys for trying :p She's currently making herself at home in the dogs bed whilst the poor dog is looking uncomfortable on the wooden flooring!

4. Arlani

Arlani PetForums Junior

Aww haha poor thing :p Yeah she sounds quite dominant! And if something bad is going on you'll notice :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice