Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Sign Up

Any advice welcome more the merrier

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Dambuster94, Jan 4, 2019.


  1. Dambuster94

    Dambuster94 PetForums Newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2019
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    A44A9D81-4293-457A-9629-90558D3EA72C.jpeg
    Hi all I am new to the website hopefully you can all help all advice would be grateful!
    Right breeder noticed a lump on puppy’s rib cage at 8 weeks old and got him checked by vet upon first injections the first vet signed him off as ok!
    I requested he get a second opinion just to be sure and so he took him to the second vet who would not sign him off because he has a slight heart murmur. The breeder sent me this information after second opinion...(((Hiya pal , sorry to inform you its not great news , second vet unhappy to sign the chap off , his sternum as an inward path , this could be affecting the heart beat , he has to continue development to 12 wks then he can be reassesed, it could clear or it could not to be bluntly honest , its a very rare condition . I will not be able to release him as things stand , i do apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused but it could not be forseen and as i created him so to speak i am responsible .)))
    The reassessment is now due next week and I’m getting nervous about results the breeder has text me today saying he thinks it is pigeon chest ? I have no idea what this is can anyone confirm by looking at pictures of him and if so what can be done to make sure he is healthy and happy life when I pick him up ?

    Thanks again
     

    Attached Files:

  2. Lurcherlad

    Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2013
    Messages:
    24,719
    Likes Received:
    37,467
  3. ForestWomble

    ForestWomble PetForums VIP

    Joined:
    May 2, 2013
    Messages:
    18,630
    Likes Received:
    21,995
    I have no advice, just want to say I hope tomorrow goes well.
     
  4. McKenzie

    McKenzie PetForums VIP

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2010
    Messages:
    20,006
    Likes Received:
    18,747
    I have no idea about the medical side of things but it’s very refreshing to see a breeder taking responsibility and not shunting the dog off and making it the owner’s problem!

    Of course you need to wait and see what tomorrow brings, but if it’s not good news you need to consider whether you will take this pup given that these issues and anything related to them won’t be covered under insurance as it will be a pre existing condition.
     
    tabelmabel and Burrowzig like this.
  5. Burrowzig

    Burrowzig PetForums VIP

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2009
    Messages:
    18,156
    Likes Received:
    11,918
    Unless the condition has self-resolved, you need to seriously consider taking the pup. There could be considerable expenses through the dog's life that won't be covered for insurance. What breed is he? What reduction in price has the breeder put forward?
     
    tabelmabel likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice