Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

any advice needed please!

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by sarah87, May 9, 2010.

1. sarah87

sarah87 PetForums Newbie

hi guys,
    i have a 1year old beagul crossbreed bitch ive had her since she was 6weeks old in general she is a very well behaved dog, however there have been a couple of occasions where she wee`s on my bed although she does not wee in the house any where and never has. i was wondering if this was a dominance thing with it being only on mine and my husbands bed. my dog gets plenty of exercise with her frisbee 2-3 times a day and just do not know why she is doing this. any help or advice would be great. she also dribbles when people come into my house howeve i think this is over excitment with her still been young i dont know.
    thanks
    sarah

2. JessiesGirl

JessiesGirl PetForums Senior

I'd say she's trying to cover up the scent of either you or your husband, trying to claim one of you for herself. Whichever of you she prefers, she's trying to send a message to the other one.

It's not uncommon to see a puppy start to try to test the boundaries a bit at maturity, similar to the teen years in humans. He's begun to realize that he's not quite a pup any longer and is trying to figure out his place in the world and the home as a brand new adult! It sneaks up on us because we've finally got a pretty reliably trained puppy at this stage, may have backed off daily training sessions, etc. But he's noticed he's no longer quite a puppy and is testing the rules a bit here and there.

You may want to Google Nothing In Life Is Free and start working with that at home. Usually helps get a testing adolescent pup back in line quickly.

#2 JessiesGirl, May 9, 2010
    Last edited: May 9, 2010
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice