Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Anxiously waitng the arrival.....

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by melly-b21, Jun 1, 2010.

1. melly-b21

melly-b21 PetForums Junior

Hi there all i am new to this forum and have been reading all the threads on people who are in the same boat as me.
    My cat Tabby is heavily pregnant not too sure what day she is on i think she is btween 8 and 9weeks. so i guess she is due any day really.
    She has been in my room for just over a week now as she doesnt seem to want to leave there,she will occasionally come downstairs for a little while and then will come back up. I did set up a box for her with some towels in it but she doesnt want to know. She started the "nesting" habits LAST sunday,for example going in to dark corners and cubby holes which made me think she was due sooner but obviously not(as she still pregnant). Also today she did the the where she was kind of digging so to speak whch is making me think she will give birth very soon. Another thing i noticed was that her belly was maybe contracting,it only happened a few times today that i noticed but havent been in there with her all the time.
    Just thought i would post on here to get advice or just your thoughts.
    Thanks for reading,
    Mel.xx
    P.S> how do you upload pics on here?xx

2. Momo12

Momo12 PetForums Member

Hi Mel I am fairly new to here as well and my Geri is about to have kittens any day and its all so confusing if you look at some of the other posts in cat breeding you will see a few of us are in the same position and may find it helpful to read and I know how you feel the waiting is just unbearable but wait we must, anyway as for uploading photos if you want a profile pic you use the avatar thingy on your profile if you to just want to upload now pics when you on the go on reply button in tht screen you have fonts along the top line go along until you see the paperclip click on this and it will open a new window then you can browse the pics you want then upload them when you have finished close the pop up window then click on the paper clip again hope thats easy enough for you, sounds bit long winded :lol::lol: anyway keep us updated on any developements and wishing you and yours all the best at this exciting time:):)

Mo xx

3. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

Going by what you said you could have kittens tonight!

If I were you I would block off any cubby holes or other areas that would be inaccessible to you ... should she need help you might not be able to get to her.

The contracting, is probably what I called 'shunting' almost like over exaggerated hiccups, but only now and again. That night we had kittens.

4. Honeybunch

Honeybunch PetForums Member

Hi there welcome to the forum. It sounds like birth is very imminent!! Keep us posted and hopefully you will be able to upload some pics. Good luck :thumbup: x

5. melly-b21

Hi i have been reading through some of the threads on here to get some sort of an idea of what expect.
    When i go up to bed i will check for all cubby holes and corners that are inaccessable for me to get to her.
    well not too sure the contrctions now as i was with her a little while ago and they seemed to have stopped so i dont know.
    Well i hope she wont be too much longer before she has them as she seems very uncomfortable in the way that she sits and lays,she will be chooping and changing the way that she sits and lays. Also up and down on and off the the bed under the bed etc etc.
    Thank you for your help and advice it deffo keep you all updated as and when things happen,and will upload pics too.:thumbup:

6. melly-b21

pic of Tabby.xx(avatar)

7. Honeybunch

Honeybunch PetForums Member

aah she's a cutie hope all goes well for you.Not sure if I said but my cats pregnant too but we have about 3 more weeks to go yet! :)

8. Momo12

Momo12 PetForums Member

Aw Mel Tabby is beautiful hoping your wait is not too long now:):)

Mo xx

9. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

aww good luck, more kittens due, how very exciting.xxxxx:thumbup:,:thumbup:

10. melly-b21

Hiya thanks for the comments she is a cutie.:thumbup:
    Still no kittens yet. So it cant have been contractions that i felt must have been the kitten going into some funky shapes lol.
    I now have the feelin she will either give birth on or under my bed!!! As she is showing no intrest whatsoever in the nesting box i made.
    So we are still waiting........:confused1:

11. melly-b21

Still no babies.
    does there have to be milk comin out of the nipples for the birth to bee soon? because i have tried and theres nothin at the moment.xx

12. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

Just wanted to wish you luck

13. melly-b21

Thank you.xx:D

14. Momo12

Momo12 PetForums Member

aw poor you thinking of you and hope its soon:):)

Mo xx

15. melly-b21

Thanks. Has Geri had hers yet?xx

16. Momo12

Momo12 PetForums Member

No nothing yet she looked pretty fed up earlier,she is now asleep on the floor wonder how long that will last after last nights antics:)

Mo xx

17. melly-b21

oh what happened last night? Hope shes ok.
    Ive got a feeling that tonight is gonna be THE night. But saying that ive had that feeling for about a week :lol:

18. Momo12

Momo12 PetForums Member

Oh last night was such fun she kept pacing around, in and out of the litter box, howling and running round the back of the freezer and cupboard in the kitchen, sniffing the floor, this went on for about 4 hours then she went to sleep would you believe, so tonight she is now asleep so i'm thinking maybe tonights the night cos shes quiet but who knows:confused:::confused::

Mo xx

19. melly-b21

:lol: bless her at least shes sleepin. Tabby doesnt seem to be sleeping very well at all and when she does its not for long and then she will wake up and move to the next place(usually on my bed or under it).
    I really hope shes has them soon because shes looking extremely uncomfortable and the last day or so has been finding it difficult to clean herself(down there) due to the size of her belly. xxxx:(

20. Momo12

Momo12 PetForums Member

Yes I hope they do soon too actually i've noticed Geri having trouble cleaning herself she sort of tries to go further down then topples over bless her, has Tabby started pulling any fur out round her nipples I read somewhere they do this just before the birth as well.

Mo xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice