Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Anxious cat terrified to go out due to fighting

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Rachy82, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Rachy82

Rachy82 PetForums Newbie

Hi all. We have a rescue cat Bemo. We have had her about 3 years and she took a lot of work to get her settled. She loves going out but never goes far or for more than a few hours. Last year the folk two doors down got a beautiful male cat. He and our girl fight constantly and she is now scared to go out. When she does go out she always comes of worse. We have kept her in for the last 10 days after a particularly nasty fight resulting in two bite wounds. She is back to scratching and licking her ear (her anxious trait) and just looking sad. Any suggestions? I don’t want her to be an indoor cat if she doesn’t but I dont know what else to do. TIA

2. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

Why can she not just be an indoor cat? Is she acting anxious because she wants to go outside do you think?

Lurcherlad likes this.
  3. Rachy82

Rachy82 PetForums Newbie

I think it’s not helping. She bolts for the door all the time. Also trying to teach my 4 year old not to let her out is rough (but doable if necessary). It feels a bit catch 22

4. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

What about cat proofing your garden, is that an option?

Lurcherlad likes this.
  5. Rachy82

Rachy82 PetForums Newbie

Unfortunately not. The set up wouldn’t work. We are looking into maybe a run but stopping the boy coming into investigate is impossible. She goes crazy if he appears at the window. Being outside in a run would be just as bad. Plus our garden is tiny.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice