Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Anterior uveitis

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by lacymags, May 10, 2010.

1. lacymags

lacymags PetForums Newbie

Hello :),

The love of my life, my little 7 year old dog Lacy, was diagnosed with diabetes about a month and a half ago :(. She begin developing cataract in both eyes shortly after the diagnosis. About a week ago, I woke up and she was squinting her left eye. I looked at it and it seemed fine. I left and came back home about 4 hours later, and her left eye had become milky white. It looked like a marble. Rushed her to the vet. They did a glaucoma test. Her pressure was up in her left eye but not her right. The vet prescribed some eyedrops. Brought Lacy back in two days and the pressure was at a safe level in her left eye. The drops were successful. She referred me to a doggie eye doctor. I took her today and he gave me the prognosis & diagnosis of anterior uveitis in both eyes and suspect cataract in both eyes and glaucoma in the left. He suspects the anterior uveitis is a result from the diabetes, right now, he has put her on prednisolone acetate and atropine drops for her eyes. I take her back in two days for a recheck. I was wondering if anyone else on this forum has had any experience with this. She is unable to see at this time, and I am hoping that she will regain some sight.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

2. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Oh bless, I've not had experience with this but I hope she gets better soon :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice