Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Anoying but cuite things your cat does.

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by milly and molly, Jul 8, 2009.

1. milly and molly

milly and molly PetForums Newbie

Hi all

Just wondering does anybody else's cat have any annoying habits that are cutie?

As soon as my Molly hears the telephone ringing she jumps onto my chest and starts sucking her paw and purring loudly like a little motorbike. Amusing to me but not to the person on the line lol :)

Thanks

P.S

Any ideas why Molly sucks her paw?

#1 milly and molly, Jul 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  2. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

sheldon follows me everywhere i go. one time he even sat on my knee while i was on the loo. its cute coz it makes me feel special but annoyin when hes asleep and i need to move.

if looks cud kill id be 6 feet under now lol

3. catbasket

catbasket PetForums Member

Flori loves to steal my place on the sofa if I stand up ... sometimes I swear she's curled up asleep before I've managed to stand up straight! Then she looks at me as if to say "this is my seat" when I go to move her.

Phili's cute but annoying trick is to jump on the bed around 5 or 6am purring at several million decibels. Luckily Cath's side of the bed is nearest the door so it's usually her who suffers the rude awakening as Phili crash-lands. The worst ones though are when she jumps straight onto the bed from her sleeping position on top of the wardrobe ... again, usually landing on Cath :D

4. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

I've got five cats & all of them are obsessed with the bathroom - they're in it as soon as I open the door (& trying to get in before that!) Once I get passed them & actually get in the room, I'm not allowed to close the door - fair enough when there's nobody else in, otherwise a slight problem, lol!! One of them even brings me toy mice to throw down the stairs for them to retrieve. Privacy - not with my lot in the house!!:eek:

5. harleigh

harleigh PetForums Member

Ohhh where to start.
    Sugar likes to be carried but is far too heavy!
    Calico meows constantly when not in his bedroom!
    Xander likes cuddles when tired but shoves his nose in your face too much when you have hayfever!
    Mortimer is too clawy when on your knee but he just wants more love.
    Xander won't let me eat in peace, or let me out of his sight so he cries when I vanish.
    Asterixx likes to dive bomb from a great hight and land right near your head.
    Spice bites toes and pinches seats.
    Sugar chews artificial flowers.
    Gizmo blocks the tv by chasing things on it.
    Dexter is just clumsy.
    Missy looks too much like her mother so I get them confused lol.
    Probably more!!!

6. Scoob

Scoob PetForums Member

Baxter is an early waker and will come and purr by your head at 4am, and if you don't respond to him he'll go and bite your toes until you wake up and give him some love!!

He also follows me into the bathroom and will curl up on my lap while I'm on the loo and I feel really mean moving him!! But that is just a first thing in the morning thing!

Ivy knows she's not allowed on the dining table but very occassionally she'll jump up there and sit and wait for us to see her....then she'll turn her back on us and ignore us!!!!
    You can't tell her off cos its very cute!!!!!

7. Jen26

Jen26 PetForums VIP

As soon as I open a paper or magazine one of the cats has to sit right in the middle of it :rolleyes: :)

Tricky likes to walk over the lap top too :rolleyes:

8. Elmstar

Elmstar PetForums VIP

Stan is a very friendly Bengal boy and each night when I get home from work he jumps on my lap for cuddles but he does insist on nipping my nose and it hurts. It's cute but I don't really like it and try to dodge his teeth :D

[​IMG]

9. Elmstar

Elmstar PetForums VIP

Don't even get me started on that one! I'm not allowed to use the keyboard when the Bengals are out :eek:hmy:

10. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

i think the laptop things is for all cats. sheldon has messed my scream up many a times. he does things i dnt even no how to do he he.

and the seat pinching. i fine very funny as he never gets my seat, jst oh.
    everytime he gets up for a fag and comes back you can garantee sheldon got his seat. and will look at him as if hes done nothin rong he was sittin there all along he he

11. andywest

andywest PetForums Junior

Poppy has a cat tree that stands floor to ceiling with 4 levels and a central pillar running through it all.

She sits on the top level chasing her tail round the pillar and comes so close to falling off but always grabs on just in time.

One time while she was up there as it is right next to a door frame she for some reason tried to grab on to the top of the door frame, for a split second she looked like she was doing pull ups. Never done it since but it looked funny.

12. Jen26

Jen26 PetForums VIP

Funnily enough Tricky is a bengal:D

This is a weird one but Nev, bengal also, likes being patted on the tops of his back legs, the harder the better :eek:ut:

I only have to tap my knee and he jumps on my lap so I can pat him, its so funny, ive got a video, is there any way of uploading them onto here?

13. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

Awwww....Lola wakes me up with her meowing at 6am every morning. I let her in my room and she jumps up on the bed and meows and purrs and gets a good stroke. She follows me everywhere I go and is always waiting for me when I come home. She even follows me to the loo, so I let her in, then she meows to go back out. She is very very vocal. :D

14. milly and molly

milly and molly PetForums Newbie

Funny at looking at all the replys on this subject I have found one thing cats all have in common. They love the bathroom.

15. Jen26

Jen26 PetForums VIP

Leos favourite spot, he also has the occasional poop in the bath :eek:

[​IMG]

16. Vic81

Vic81 PetForums Member

Timmy also loves the bathroom lol if the door's shut he'll sit outside and meow constantly (only if I'm in there) or its its pushed too all you can see is a beady little eye peeping through lol He also wanders in when I'm in the bath but doesn't come too close lol

At night he comes and sits on me on the sofa meowing at me telling me its time for bed, then he runs there as fast can sliding down the hallway (wooden floors and three legs aren't always the best combination but he manages very well lol) and he's in bed before me but as soon as I lay down he lays on my chest pawing at the duvet, at around 5am he starts licking my toes (am very ticklish) and if that doesn't wake me up he licks my chin and taps me on the chin with his paws, if that doesn't work he'll lay on my head till I'm smothered with fluff or goes to annoy OH if he's there lol

When my alarm eventually goes off he comes and lays on me yet again for his morning cuddles lol

17. Mr Gizmo

Mr Gizmo Body of a Buddah.

Yep,there is certainly a trend running here :laugh:

Attached Files:

18. Cyberfyn

Cyberfyn PetForums VIP

Honey likes to wake us up with a full on snog. Cute, but that breath... Reminds me of a girl I knew in college :cursing:

ian.

19. little_miss_kitty

little_miss_kitty PetForums Senior

Another 2 that love the bathroom: Winston & Lola

Lola sleeps in the bathroom towel rack at night (winson sleeps in the bedroom). When we get up in the morning they both follow us into the bathroom and then we have to turn on the bath taps where they sit either in the bath or on the bath and watch the water. Winston meows for the taps to be turned on. Lola also likes to sit next to the shower cubicle to watch the water and she goes mental at a flushing loo. She stands on her hind legs and watches the swirling water.

They both also like to sit next to the drain and watch the water when a tap is flushed or the washing machine is on

However much they are obsessed with water they only like to watch it and HATE getting wet :D

FREE SPIRIT likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice