Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Another shocking add. And a bit of a rant.

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by Lyceum, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Lyceum

Lyceum PetForums VIP

Before I even post the link I would like to say IT'S NOT MY ADD. I repeat. IT'S NOT MY ADD.

pups for sale at Pets FREE Classifieds

Now, I know it's a few weeks old, but when I first spotted it I reported the add, and reported the seller to the RSPCA. I kept in contact with the seller hoping she'd say she'd been advised by the RSPCA to not sell till they were 8 weeks. No such luck, but she did continue to email me asking if I wanted a pup ASAP. Despite me contacting the RSPCA several times to tell them this and them saying they had been around and she insisted she wasn't selling, just taking deposits and they were happy the situation had been resolved.
    Now the pups are almost 6 weeks, and she's once again advertising.

4 girls looking for a loving home. Classified Ad - Liverpool Dogs and Puppies Pets and Animals | InetGiant Liverpool, North West Free Advertising Website

4 left, so she's clearly sold some before 6 weeks and the RSPCA have done nothing at all to prevent it, despite myself (and several others) reporting her continued attempts to sell them.

I have, in the past contacted the RSPCA 4 times, 4 times they've done nothing. In my mind, they're absolutely useless.

Back yard breeders like this make me absolutely sick. They should be stopped. But if the RSPCA wont step in, who can?

2. hawksport

hawksport Banned

The RSPCA doesn't seem to work too well when there are no tv cameras

3. Lyceum

Lyceum PetForums VIP

No, they don't do they.

4. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

OMG :eek:

'Like babies without the tantrums!' I can't believe some people.:mad:

5. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

OMG:eek::mad:
    like babies without tantrums, just imagine the type of idiot that would respond to an ad like that:mad:

6. swarthy

swarthy PetForums VIP

I will add another bit to the "puppy buyers responsibilities" that the recommended age for collecting pups is 8 weeks.

Unfortunately, if the authorities refuse to act, the power remains with the PUPPY BUYERS to vote with their feet - but they won't :(

7. flufffluff39

flufffluff39 PetForums VIP

Aww now thats just rediculous!!! if she could'nt cope there are plenty of fosterers out there who could do a good job!!!

8. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

Words fail me, don't know why I read half the posts on this part of the forum..most of them make me want to scream or cry...or both. :(

9. katiefranke

katiefranke PetForums VIP

same here :nonod:

terrible...but goes on all the time sadly.

Lyceum did you send on the emails from the breeder so they could see the dates and that she was clearly not just asking you if you wanted to put a deposit down but to take them?

TBH i do not rate the RSPCA at all and am not really suprised that they didnt do anything!

10. LadyLoraella

LadyLoraella PetForums Member

"have 5 black and white staff pups left out of a litter of 7. there are 2 boys and 3 girls. due to them being so young the only catch is that you would have to bottlefeed them every 3 hours for about 4 weeks."

WTH?!!!! :mad:

11. Lyceum

Lyceum PetForums VIP

Ah yes, but if she gave them to a fosterer she wouldn't get any cash for them would she. Which to people like this is the whole point. What's the bet if someone asked when they were last wormed and vet checked she'd say they hadn't been, since absolute minimum spend means maximum profit.

And if she said they had been vet checked and wormed I'd not believe a word, the kind of idiot who sells three week old puppies isn't the kind of person who'd spend the cash on regular vet checks and wormers.

12. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

Sounds as if her poor dog had an unexpected litter & she wants rid as quick as possible, poor pups:(

13. Lyceum

Lyceum PetForums VIP

I didn't no, first time I contacted them they said they didn't need the emails as they were sending an office around. Every contact I've made with them since they've said they don't have an email address I can forward them too, and they are happy the situation is resolved.

Bet they'd have an email address were I asking to donate cash.

14. Fuzzbugs!x

Fuzzbugs!x PetForums VIP

It doesnt look like theres much we can do to stop them :mad:. Education seems to be the key - pity not all future puppy owners are on here :(. x

15. Lyceum

Lyceum PetForums VIP

Does anyone want to drop the seller an email. Ask her when they were last wormed, vet checked etc. See if she has the results of health tests on the parents. We all know what the answers will be, but she needs to be alerted to what she should have been doing with these poor pups.

16. Shamen

Shamen Guest

OMG yet another stupid irresponsible idiot!:mad:

and i agree the RSPCA are pretty useless in my area aswell.

17. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

What about the dog warden in her area ... would they be able to do something? Or even contacting the local paper to her. If nothing else to bring shame on the irrisponsible and cruel *@~*&@

18. Danielle P

Danielle P PetForums Member

Absolutely disgusting

'they have only just opened their eyes and are adorable.' :mad:

This is terrible. The RSPCA are useless. Stupid questions, but I guess youve sent them the links for the adverts? and her email address and telephone number?

What about contacting the RSPCA head office, give them everything and tell them your local RSPCA are not doing anything. I have spoken to the HO recently and we very helpful

19. davehyde

davehyde Banned

scum bitch slag

20. Phoenix&Charlie'sMum

Phoenix&Charlie'sMum PetForums VIP

I have sent the breeder an email - stating my views!

I dont care if she reports me for abusive messages, at least it might make her thinks twice.

They are probably pits and she is trying to sell them before they show the markings of one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice