Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Another sad story

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sue&harvey, May 4, 2010.

1. sue&harvey

sue&harvey PetForums VIP

I really can't belive how some people can think their puppy will just magically grow into a well behaved dog :(

I used to work in a bar for a so called friend. Fortunatly I realised early on her true colours. But thats another story. This woman had 2 French bulldogs, but when we got Harvey she decided she wanted another puppy and paid 500 euros for another french bulldog...which turned out to be only 5 weeks old. I told her to take it back to the breeder and reunite it with his mum until 8 weeks old at least. She said the breeder wouldn't be interested and anyway my lad hadn't been with his mum since 3 weeks anyway :mad: He was abandoned :mad:

I have spoken to her for a while and found out this morning that this now very overweight 6 month old pup has been really destructive and fighting with the other two. So instead of training it she gives it to an aquaintence... who manages for 2 days before giving it back, then gives it to her sons friend who manages 3 days. :mad: This poor dog really hasn't been given a chance anywhere. The OH and I were chatting this morning saying we wish we could take him on but it would cost us too much. We would need to buy a crate, pay for castration and rabies blood test plus the 6 month waiting period that we couldn't travel if we needed to. And not to forget training costs. But I really do wish we could help this poor little mite.

The problem is it's first owners all work long hours and all dogs are free to roam the house and garden so he has never learnt any boundries. What really worries me is that if this chap is not homed to an experienced owner, he will find himself being trained by alpha rolls and not love and thats if he is lucky. I really wish I could help him, feel really sad about it :crying:

Sorry for the rant :frown:

2. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Oh dear Sue
    I'm always amazed by how many people will take on pups with no real knowledge whatsoever and expect it to "just happen". Poor little souls dont stand a chance.
    I messed myself when we got Heidi because altho I had done my homework, I had never had a terrier before and I was so afraid I would get something wrong and create a monster that I couldnt control. Thankfully she has been a darling and I had plenty of help here.
    Sorry, gone off topic.
    I hope this poor little mite finds the home it deserves:thumbup:

3. sue&harvey

sue&harvey PetForums VIP

I think whats really annoyed me is they already have 2 FB dogs a male and a female, so they do know at least some breed traits.

I admit I knew nothing really about how to deal with Harvey breed wise, but had puppy knowledge and still have a few probs, but I really want to work with him so we achieve together. Just wish I could do this for this poor lad :(

4. nic101

nic101 PetForums VIP

thats really sad :(

some people sholudnt own dogs :(

5. sue&harvey

sue&harvey PetForums VIP

Very true, but I still feel so useless:(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice