Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

another question re the squits

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by davehyde, Jul 24, 2009.

1. davehyde

davehyde Banned

ok, the dog, 6mnth old golden, has terrible dire- rear.

its been like this about 4 days or so. in every other way he is perfectly fine, plays, runs, not sleepy or lethargic.

his poops are as follows.

first one of the day soft then a bit squitty all in same poop.

as the day goes on they get wetter until finally it's just like water but only a little bit.

a pit of a pale tan colour.

we have stopped all treats and gave him a bland diest last night but he eats his food ok with no problems.

he is on rc maxi junior and has no issues with it.

i havent seen him eat anything while out but he is a sneaky little bugga and can scoff in an instant.

i did catch him with some roots we dug out of the garden the other day and am wondering if these could be the cause. dont know what they are though. i suspect holly but not sure.

not too concerned as yet as pups do get dicky tummies sometimes but am wondering if i should be. even tho he is absolutely fine in every other way.

we are due a vet visit in the next day or so anyway for his weight check and stuff so i will mention it, but should i run him in or see if it passes?

while typing he has eaten a bowl of kibble with no problems and is now looking out the window lol.

sometimes i wonder if they are worse than kids :D

2. rona

rona Guest

My boy had trouble just like this 2 weeks ago, if it's gone on for more than 3 days you should see the vet. Make sure he is drinking enough because he is probably getting a little dehydrated by now

3. davehyde

davehyde Banned

yeah hun, he is drinking fine in all respects except his poop he is great.

i am stumped.

4. rona

rona Guest

My boy was ok in every other way, but if it goes on for more than a few days it is probably a bug that needs treatment rather than just an upset tum

5. Ted&Sarah

Ted&Sarah PetForums Junior

Could it be worms? We had this problem and it turns out it was a worm infestation; most likely because the breeder didn't worm properly.

Before we new it was worms our vet thought it was dietary, perhaps he has an intolerance to something in his food. Maybe try a food with a different protein source?

6. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

loads of dogs i know have had the squits, mine included. It's always around this time of the year. Not sure why . maybe its to do with the foxes. noticed loads of fox poo about.

i usually starve for a day and them give rice and coley for a couple of days.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice