UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do they get away with using my number when its registered on the block list thingy?? :mad:

This is from phone no. 02256 800256 - I just googled it and its been going on for months.

They told me, in a very strong accented voice, that I was owed some bank charges from my bank. Then asked me how I would like to be paid - straight onto my credit card, or straight into my bank.

I told him I would go into my bank on Monday and arrange it with them at which point he told me to 'F*ck off' and hung up :yikes:

How very rude! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Its unbelievable the amount of scams that people actually fall for. This is why I don't think our details should be sold on by companies plus the fact that I just hate cold callers.

·
Registered
9,685 Posts
How do they get away with using my number when its registered on the block list thingy?? :mad:

This is from phone no. 02256 800256 - I just googled it and its been going on for months.

They told me, in a very strong accented voice, that I was owed some bank charges from my bank. Then asked me how I would like to be paid - straight onto my credit card, or straight into my bank.

I told him I would go into my bank on Monday and arrange it with them at which point he told me to 'F*ck off' and hung up :yikes:

How very rude! :rolleyes:
I must find out what..."F**K YOU TOO" is in Nigerian :D

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
We get loads of calls for the previous occupier, BT gave us her old number (we didnt know), she died aged 101 over 4 years ago

i sometimes put on the "OAP" voice and spin em out for ages requesting insurance for a false leg

or if its a woman ringing i ask what knickers shes wearing....pmsl

·
Banned
4,669 Posts
We gave up answering the phone at the house, our number's blocked but we still get cold-called, mainly by BT who keep trying to convince us to go fibre optic :glare: Sorry BT but we've had so much trouble with you and your modems and internet service that we're switching to Virgin in Feb so :prrr:

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
We gave up answering the phone at the house, our number's blocked but we still get cold-called, mainly by BT who keep trying to convince us to go fibre optic :glare: Sorry BT but we've had so much trouble with you and your modems and internet service that we're switching to Virgin in Feb so :prrr:
Virgin rock, pity we moved, but then again they had just changed the encryption and we lost all the freebies...lol

·
Registered
436 Posts
the issue is companies just pass the number out, if ya buy something and give a contact number that often gets sold.

Best bet is just to leave the phone on the side they give up as there calling from foreign country's and cost them a fortune sitting on the side table for 20mins gets right on there tits

·
Registered
39,165 Posts
i got an email saying a long lost relative of mine has died and left me millions,:eek:, all i need to do is forward my bank details and they will put the money in for me, how very kind of them, so the drinks are on me my friends,:D,:D,:D,:rolleyes:

·
Banned
4,669 Posts
i got an email saying a long lost relative of mine has died and left me millions,:eek:, all i need to do is forward my bank details and they will put the money in for me, how very kind of them, so the drinks are on me my friends,:D,:D,:D,:rolleyes:
I'll have a double voddy and orange, thanks :D

·
Banned
1,595 Posts
For years now I`ve had nuisance calls every day, without fail. Obviously I`m not always in but when i am, it`s very intrusive and annoying, nearly always for a previous owner of that fone number. I`ve now ditched the foneline altogether.

Changing the number makes no difference, I just get sales calls or debt chasing companies looking for someone else and they simply can`t grasp that I`m not the person they want.

·
Registered
436 Posts
the problem with changing numbers is phone services dont give out new numbers they are just reused numbers that have been out of use for 6months.

I got given a number for a dog grooming company, the amount of calls i got, i demanded a new number they said it will cost me £60, i told them to terminate my contract and they said cost me £60. I contacted watchdog, as soon as the manager heard this they changed my number that day free of charge and gave me 6months free on internet and phone. That was with Plus-net left in the end though due to constant issues

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I get an old lady phoning me often and saying 'Di? Di? Is that you Di?'
At least I hope that's what she's saying! It could be: 'DIE! DIE! Is that you? DIE!' :yikes:

·
Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
3,723 Posts
im ex directory so shouldnt be getting any calls like that, yet i get so many and they even ask for me and my husband by name.
i never answer the phone even if im at home. i always wait for them to hang up or leave a message. i then call 1471 to see what the number is. if i know the number i will call back, if i dont then i ignore it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.