Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

"Another kind of christmas miracle.."

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Anele Jessica, Dec 27, 2007.

1. I've a got permission to pass it on. Beautiful story....
    --------------------------

With us living -and just now happily playing between my feet - is a little small blacksmoke/white girl called Eloise, having the characteristics of her namesake, the enchanting heroine of kay thompsons childrens book in fullest:

Adorable, cute and cheeky

When the kitten were four weeks ol we discovered that eloise was different than her brothers: eloise is a severely disabled little cat: her lungs are working on max of 35%, her left eye and front paw are crippled, her tail is a ringlet instead of straight and whilst her brothers, when they moved out to start their life at new owners homes scratched at the 2 kilo marl she, with nearly four month still was at 800 gramms.

Where this is coming from isn't a topic. Eliose is for us and all our friends,,

Everyone who sees her, encounters her , every one she's climbing upon, everyone she's giving one of her little wet kisses with her surprisingly hard headbutts instantely is ensnared and enslaved: fiends as well as we carry her to her food - eating in nice company is soo much more fun - putting her up and down - she is fully able to climb every top she likes - or looks that she is getting enough cuddling. There have been people sitting erect and qiuet for hours because she was sleeping in their lap.

The list of people who- without being "driven to help by nature" - at once
    would take her into their homes and lifes - if she would be able to be moved from home - is astonishingly long, which really makes me more than happy and astonishes me as well..

Eloise, our "luischen" want to live. Live on her own premises. And that , this bravery, spiritness and will is, what ensnares, moves and captures.

When we vaccinated her brothers we didnt dare to do this with her: would she survive it? We didn't try.- and of course:
    Man gets a cold..and whom else?

Eloise..

This is, as one can imagine not a very good thing with such a lung-problem..
    A whole week our child was hanging between here and there, between life and dead.. evening after evening I was at our vet with her in my hands, Eloise was tottering around the table andlooking everyone of us in the face with her two eyes, the whole and the misshapen one:

" you will make me sane again? Will you???"

And every evening anon we decided:

"no, you wont die tonight".

Even if we didnt know, if we ever will get her better or at least halfways sane and if it might be better for her to be spared pain? But was it pain for her?
    With this trust in her eyes?
    With this look of utter confidence in us and in herself..

Eloise lost weight. From her small 860 grams down to 780..

Eloise had every symptom of a big ugly cough. Running nose, running eyes, more running nose, she was only eating when we served her directly in her mouth - and every day over day I was fearig it would be her last. The idea that this wonderful little cat could die was so awsone for me and a lot of our friends and our vet, we didn't dare to think about..

We did things you don't do with cats normally.. letting her inhale Chinese tiger-balm when she was sitting on a lap, long hours so she could breath easier.- cleaning the flat? Later.

And yesterday at the vet she had nearly 900 grams, she was playing and joyful, no early clear nose, the working part of her lungs nearly free again : she is again here and full of life: a christmas gift..

We know, that she probably wont get old. That she always will be a handicapped animal with a bad prognosis regarding her lifespan.

But she is here. She is alive, glowing, charming and playing. She just is. our Eloise..

Like her namesake, the Eloise of ay hompsons children book:

Adorable, cute and cheeky

Does one need more for Christmas?

Henning Mueller-Rech
    CANALETTOS MAINE COON CATS
    -since 1990-

2. may

may PetForums VIP

Awwww Thanks for sharing that story :( made me cry:eek:

3. siams

siams PetForums Member

Awww that was great.Sad now.

4. Its great to see so caring and loving breeders, isnt it?

5. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

such a sad but uplifting story all in one
    yes it is wonderful to see breeders like this :)

6. I'll pass this link to that breeder................

7. Nina

Nina PetForums VIP

What a wonderful story.

8. It is..................

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice