Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Another Hurtta coat thread.. we got ours

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Tillymint, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Tillymint

Tillymint PetForums VIP

Tilly's arrived today:D
    I spent so much time after looking at the other threads about how they fit & being indecisive about whether to get the 55cm or the 60cm size.
    Anyway I went for the 60cm & here it is.
    I immediately decided it was too long by about an inch as I didn't want it over her tail base & wished I'd gone for the 55cm after all:rolleyes: but looking at the photo now I think I can probably pull the neck up a bit, I didn't adjust the neck or anything as she wouldn't keep still & I didn't even attempt the leg elastics!
    I am pleased with the amount of under chest coverage which is why I wanted this particular type of coat.
    I can't send it back now anyway as she was busy ripping the labels off whilst I was fastening it:p so if I'm not happy with the fit once she's worn it out I'll have to try a bit of jiggery pokery with the sewing machine & shorten it!
    [​IMG]

2. Reverie

Reverie PetForums VIP

It looks lovely! I'm jealous, wish I could afford a Hurtta! :D

3. HappyWag

HappyWag PetForums Senior

The red looks lovely on Tilly. I am sure you can shorten the coat if needed :)
    Is this the bargain one off Ebay? If so congratulations :D

4. Tillymint

Tillymint PetForums VIP

No it's not a bargain off ebay sadly, buit it was a good price from zooplus £44 free postage.

It's currently undergoing "Pimp my coat" :D
    I'm sewing this on the other side.....(cut off an old footie shirt) That's why I wanted red, she looks great in red ;)

[​IMG]

5. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

wow that looks fab!!
    colour really suits her

6. BlueJay

BlueJay Pack of Losers

Looking good, Tilly!
    I might need to invest in a Frodo sized rain coat...

7. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

You would've found the 55cm too small. Pen has the 50cm and I have to leave the neck slightly loose so it covers her bum a bit more.

I also liked the chest coverage, however with Jack - he still gets a bit of crud in his trousers - but definitely saves on grooming time if you just have back ends to do instead of all of them.

8. Tillymint

Tillymint PetForums VIP

Yes we definitely suffer from crud trousers, but armpits are a no go area for me.... It's raining we can test it out later :D

9. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

She looks brill in her new coat and I really like the term 'jiggery pokery' :D

10. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Oooo, mine arrived today!

The sizing is very generous. Alfie was between sizes, so i went for the 50, but i think the 45cm would have been better.

Looking mortified at being made to pee and model in the rain..

[​IMG]

A bit happier at being allowed the cat food :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

He's not the most co-operative as he becomes a little hunchback in the cold and damp.

11. Tillymint

Tillymint PetForums VIP

Did it bother him having his tail covered? Tilly's got a right swish bang tail that does propeller when she's out ;)They are quite generous in size aren't they!

12. 2Hounds

2Hounds PetForums VIP

Both look very smart in their new coats! The tail lifts coat out of danger during toileting and sure extra fabric will keep butt bit dryer/warmer especially if weather is blustery.

13. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

His tail is tucked firmly between legs in the wet, so i dont think he'll notice.

The biggest problem ive found is that the belly bit almost covers his winky!

I think i'll save and get a smaller one eventually. Although the more of him thats covered the better.

14. Tillymint

Tillymint PetForums VIP

Just back from our test drive walk & happy to say it didn't bother her tail swishing. Next time I will attempt the leg elastics & probably will cut one end of them off so I can fasten it back with a press stud because she ain't lifting no back leg for me! Stubborn girl!!

[​IMG]

Does my bum look big in this?
    [​IMG]

Get away from that bush you are going to stain it with berries!!
    [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice