UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I've posted on here before about feeding amounts but I'm still unsure about how much I should be feeding my cat and looking for some second opinions.

I got my cat 6 weeks ago from a shelter. He had been abandoned by his previous owners and had to fend for himself outside until rescued. He is 19 months old.

I've been feeding him 2 Iams pouches every day and every other day I give him an extra handful of dried hill's food.

He has always been obsessed with food and I've been putting it down to perhaps him struggling to find food when he was abandoned. Whenever I put down a bowl of dry food for him to snack on when I'm at work, he always devours it straight away.

I had someone looking after him recently when I was away on business and they said that they thought that he was really hungry judging by how he was acting. I explained his background but it got me thinking maybe I was wrong and that I'm actually not feeding him enough, but I just don't know!

Would it be a good idea to give him access to way too much food, to see where his appetite ends (although with the risk that he may eat way too much). Or is ît better to trust the fact that in feeding him sufficient amounts, despite acting like he is always hungry?

I really don't know what to do! I hate to thing that I may be leaving him hungry.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.