Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Another dog on Freecycle

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by deb53, May 6, 2010.

1. deb53

deb53 PetForums VIP

Another dog has come up on Freecycle for re-homing :mad::mad:

This time a 3 year old Staffy bitch.

I know rescue centres are bursting at their seams but to advertise on a site that is meant to be to prevent filling our landfill sites is utterly wrong:mad::mad:

And who knows what hands this poor dog is going to go to. Especially as no money passes hands.

This is becoming a real regular thing now as with many pets and it makes my blood boil :mad:

Grrrrrrrrrrrr.............

2. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

:mad: thats terrible :mad:

poor dog, i hope the right person finds her :(

3. Polimba

Polimba PetForums VIP

Our Freecycle group don't allow animals, which I totally agree with.

It's very sad and who knows where they'll end up :(

4. deb53

deb53 PetForums VIP

There is a big increase on pets on there. Only a few days ago there was a 6 month old kitten.

They allow it but the mods put a warning about vetting homes!!:mad:...yeah as if these people do:(

5. AnimalKingdom

AnimalKingdom PetForums Junior

Oh no!, Why do people get animals then rehome them :(. Makes me so mad :mad:

6. nightnicon

nightnicon PetForums Newbie

I personally put a dog on freecycle for my mum. It was found in a park by my brother who is a policeman. My mum looked after it as long as she could but as it was a big dog she just couldnt cope with it and 5 kids and a disabled sister.

Shelters had a minimum wait of 6 weeks so i put the dog on freecycle. I personally vetted the homes before i took the dog, i spoke to the familys, looked at the houses, asked about previous dogs etc. I to this day still recieve updates on Ash and how well he has come on since being rehomed.

I know not everyone is as responsible as this but to label anyone that puts an animal on there as irresponsible is just narrow minded.

There are plenty of people for whatever reasons that need an animal gone asap and if the waiting list is long what would you rather them do? Dump the animal? Set it free in the wild?

I personally think that if the people giving away the pets are responisible then it should be allowed.

7. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I dont like it but I like it a lot better than putting a dog in rescue kennels. That is purely passing the buck and I hate it. Personally I think you should either find a home for an unwanted dog yourself or is it not rehomable then put it to sleep.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice