Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Another dog off its food!

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Lola71, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Lola71

Lola71 PetForums Senior

I know there is another post on here about a dog going off its food but mine has too and the circumstances are slightly different so I thought I would post anyway.

Molly is a SBT and is 4 yrs old. When she was younger she was fed dry food but would often leave it in her bowl for long periods of time and I would much rather she had her food, ate it and then the bowl is removed so I switched to wet. She is fed either Forthglade, Wainwrights or Webbox trays (not the sausage things..yuk!) But has recently started to appear disinterested in her food. She will eventually go back and and eat but no longer eats it immediately.

She is not fed scraps nor masses of treats. She has a small piece of a treat when I leave her to go out but this is no more than the size of a piece of dry dog food and has a chew bar or something similar during the evening.

She had her booster yesterday and a check up and her health appears good.

Any idea's? Is it worth trying her back on dry? What would you lovely people suggest?

2. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

If there is no other signs of illness that could point to a problem I wouldn't immediately panic. Ive had dutsbins over the years who would eat anything and a couple that are fussy. Ive got over the problem by rotating a few different types to keep interest. Mine have dried for breakfast and wet or raw in the evenings. So you could perhaps try that and see how she goes. In all honesty I have never fed mine on just dry or wet continuously.

3. Lola71

Lola71 PetForums Senior

Thankyou for that advice, I might try mixing it up a bit in that case.

4. rona

rona Still missing my boys

This has happened to one of my walk dogs. She's not been eating properly for two weeks. Been to the vets who can't find anything, dog acting fine, pooping fine and not sick at all :confused:

I took her for a walk today and while out I offered her some of the food that the owner has tried her on but from my bag and she scoffed the lot as if she was hungry :confused: :confused:
    I left a small amount of my food for the owner to try as her dinner. As yet I have no report.

I'm wondering if it's just all the upset and upheaval over Xmas

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice