Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Annual vacinations yes or No?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Nina, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

lol noooo haha dont panic,

i would of obviously looked into it befor getting another rat, specially one that would of been housed with another rat like mine thats been on her own for a year or so.

im not the sort to rush out on impulse going by the first thing i read.

i always take my time and ask questions and pay big attention to advice given to me :).

sooo no bedding beatings lol.

2. Jo P

Jo P PetForums VIP

I have heard alot of people in the Rottie community who have their dogs vaccinated and then have titer tests done to see if the vaccine has taken. I have friends who have the titer test done to check their dogs levels and vaccinate accordingly. I have to have mine vaccinated because a) the insurance on both dogs wont pay out (one is with M&S the other Direct Line) and b) they both go into kennels and they wont accept them without vaccination. I have found this thread really interesting though - definite food for thought.

3. tosmod

tosmod PetForums Newbie

I have a 5 year old dog, who fell ill after his puppy jabs. He had tummy and skin problems for 3 years (we vaccinated yearly). In 2006 he fell very ill shortly after his jabs, (and after the death of my other dog I need to add - not vaccine related) To cut a very long story short - a 4 week stay in the RVC, 18 month recovery and alot of money later (thank goodness for insurance!) he is auto immune as a result of his jabs. I have to be so careful about everything with him, what he eats, any injuries he gets..

My kennels wont take him and it is a big strain - finding someone I trust to look after him isnt easy.

I have also posted in the behaviour section - as a result of this, my other dog, who was a puppy at the time of Benson getting ill couldnt have her shots. Now he is getting better, I took her 6 weeks ago for her shots. Since then, she has started being aggressive towards people, could there be any link there?

4. Nina

Nina PetForums VIP

This is a subject that I intend to pursue so I will keep you posted on my findings.

It seems to me from my research and peoples own experience, that something must be done about these yearly vaccinations. Vets and medical companies are winning hands down, and we as dog owners, are damned if we do vaccinate, and damned if we don't.

It really is an emotive subject. Please keep your thoughts and experiences coming in on this subject.

5. carol

carol PetForums VIP

my zak's had his second puppy injection he will have a booster next years then go onto the table's i got
    like the rest

these are what i use and a lot of others do as well
    Ainsworths Products

they do cat ones as well
    Ainsworths Products

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice