Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Annoying things your dog does that makes you go "awww "

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by LauraJane9, Oct 29, 2012.

1. LauraJane9

LauraJane9 PetForums Senior

Sully has a habit of lying in your arms like a baby while you fuss his tummy however if you stop fussing him he will bat you in the face with his paw until you start again, he could do this for hours, it's adorable but annoying, I didn't know it was possible to sigh in exasperation whilst smiling!

Anyone else have an annoyingly cute pooch?

2. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

Bess thinks she is a lap dog. However she's growing a bit big for that. She just plonks her backside down on my stomach and refuses to get off! :rolleyes:

3. LahLahsDogs

LahLahsDogs PetForums VIP

Usually in the evenings I'm sat in the living room, watching a bit of tele with my laptop on my knee. Rufus always comes along with his toy and drops it over the screen of my laptop onto the keyboard and looks at me over the screen with his cutie eyes saying "play with me instead Mum!".. so I put the laptop down and play with him until he's tired. Then I think 'ok, he's tired now, i'll get my laptop back'. So I put the laptop back on my knee. Then Rufus comes over and wants to snuggle right up to me. He wants to get right under my arm and sticks his head on my keyboard and goes to sleep. I try and move his head a bit so I can still use the keyboard, but no, he's comfy :eek: lol so whenever i'm typing in the evening i'm always trying to press the keys around Rufus's head and always need to go right under his chin for a space bar :D It's a bit annoying, but he's a cutie, and he wants a cuddle :)

4. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

I forgot to say that Bess slaps my iPad with her paw to get my attention so I move it off my lap so she can lie down. She can do things with my iPad which I can't - she manages to change the app I'm using! :eek:

I can vouch for the toughness of the iPad screen though. :)

5. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

Trix shoves her nose hard under my elbow to get my attention, which can be dangerous if I'm holding a hot cup of tea & she's taught Bob & Rogue the same trick

6. Mia123

Mia123 PetForums Junior

When we're at the table, Ollie puts his head on our laps and gives us a 'u know u love me?' look... Its hard not to give him a little scratch behind his ear!!!:001_rolleyes: haha

7. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

Ella hs a habit of pinching my socks off the radiators when they drying and then lays with them under her paw o. Never takes my knickers for some reason:lol: :lol: :lol:

8. MLB

MLB Guest

Chaos will do a kind of stretch into a bit of a play bow and as he straightens back up again he kind of goes wooo wooo wooo. It means I want something. Usually his dinner or walkies. It's kinda awwww but annoying as he sets the other dogs of and they all start getting excited.

9. LauraJane9

LauraJane9 PetForums Senior

And we still love our pooches! It's funny I will happily put up with Sully's annoying little things but if my OH annoys me while I'm busy (he's as bad as Sully) he will get a slap and a telling off!

Reading the replies it seems using a laptop/Ipad/phone is a big no no in our dogs eyes, Sully can be happily playing but if you pick up the laptop he will immediately paw at it and whine until he has your full attention.

10. Werehorse

Werehorse PetForums VIP

:lol: Hugo does what Sully does. It's a very slow, careful extension of the paw then, suddenly, a poke in the face with a pointy paw with him though. He also sits next to me on the sofa and reaches out with a paw, hooks it round my hand and pulls my hand towards his chest for scratchies. :lol: I could go on, pretty much everything Hugo does is cute but annoying!

Oscar gets so excited about his dinner that he squeaks and yowls while I'm making it. It's cute but SO annoying too. And at training class whenever the trainer nips into the office next to the training room he bombs off to follow her in - he found a tennis ball in there once and has never forgotten. :lol: Really naughty but so cute we just let him get away with it! :eek:

11. koolchick

koolchick PetForums Senior

My last dog used to jump into my arms which I'd try to avoid him doing on walks but could never tell him off. Now its one of the things I miss so hoping my new pup will when he's bigger.

12. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Hannah- climbs on the back of the sofa then slides down the whole length of you with her back legs out.:rolleyes:
    Heidi- licks you constantly.
    Adam- tries to bite your nose!! (my fault coz I used to blow in his ear as a puppy and he would pretend bite my nose which would make me giggle. Ive created a nose biting monster!!:D).

13. MeganRose

MeganRose PetForums Senior

I've only had my current foster 2 days, but she's already shown me (hopefully) all her annoying traits.. But she's just too adorable!
    Certain times if I get up to do things, normally when getting up/going to bed. She'll stick to me like glue. Her muzzle will stay in constant contact with my hip.. it's bloody annoying! Then I look at her, and she just wags her tail and smiles and I can't be annoyed!

She's also an avid face-licker! She managed to lick my actual eyeball yesterday...

14. Muze

Muze PetForums VIP

Diz never seems to run out of energy, we can go for two hour walks, with plenty of ball chasing, come home, she'll have a quick drink then literally chuck a toy in my exhausted lap, still fresh as a daisy!!
    Cute and irritating.

The other is the cold nose wake up call, she'd learned that a cold nose on my warm snuggled up self is a very effective way to get me out of bed quickly!!:rolleyes:

15. GingerRogers

GingerRogers PetForums VIP

Ginge bounces when she thinks shes going out. Like she is on a trampoline, very cute but very :nono: I am sure :D I just want to try and capture it and get her to do it on cue instead.

My friends dog is a talker, he starts off just mouthing things at you then gradually makes more and more noise, so cute when he is just mouthing then you regret encouraging him :eek:.

16. Catz1

Catz1 PetForums VIP

Rio comes up when I have my laptop and lays her head across all the keys to get attention. Usually I don't mind but when I'm typing out something important and she adds lines of esertcvgvfswedufguhuouojmk.. its a little annoying ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice