UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had to chap on my neighbours door as her son was popping his head out the kitchen window and making barking noises, to which Cody was responding.

i didn't realise why Cody was barking at first, then i heard 'woof woof', so i popped my head out the door, to which the boy must have jumped down from the kitchen window as the blinds were swinging about. i pretended to go in and shut my door and waited a few minutes and sure enough he done it again.

mum wasn't in but the man that i spoke to was apologetic, i dont think he really understood what i was getting at, they're Romanian and not very good with English.

i've had to speak to this boy before about winding Cody up and so have 2 of my neighbours.

i'm going to speak to his mum later as i'm not having Cody turn into an obsessive barker because of a 7 year old that's intent on being a nuisance.

G

·
Failing making headway with the mum a well aimed jet of water from your hosepipe might get the point over!

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
I feel your frustration. The kids here spent their whole summer holiday winding up Kilo and other dogs - some still 'bark' at our fence or bang on it and drunk adults indulge in the same :rolleyes: :mad:.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Failing making headway with the mum a well aimed jet of water from your hosepipe might get the point over!
lol. that reminds me of the time my neighbour went out with a basin of water as there were a group of 17/18 yr olds sitting on the stairs and just making a nuisance of themselves, my neighbour just threw the water down the stairs and scatterd them, lol. they never came back.

the boys mother is actually a really nice lady. i didn't mention it to her before, i spoke to the boy and said if he done it again then i would be speaking to his mother, which i will do this time.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have this when people walk past our garden gate.. Not just children, sometimes grown people.
My dog doesn't react, but I always think, what IS the point? :lol:
there is no point to it, the only reason you would do it is to get a reaction out of the dog.

I feel your frustration. The kids here spent their whole summer holiday winding up Kilo and other dogs - some still 'bark' at our fence or bang on it and drunk adults indulge in the same :rolleyes: :mad:.
dont the kids parents know what they get up to, or even care. as for the drunk adults, i would go with the hose pipe idea from above, lol

·
Registered
39,229 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hope the mother listens and stops her son, i have the same problem with my neighbour (the only difference is my neighbour is a 70 odd year old man) he then has the balls to complain about my dogs barking when he starts them :mad:
what a cheek!! that's the thing i dont want neighbours complaining about Cody barking if this was to continue, he's a really happy friendly pup and doesn't bark much, although there are a few dogs round about that bark constantly

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i remember your thread now Dogless. ii reminded me that i was having a problem back then too, although it wasn't this boy.

i cant believe it still goes on with you, that's a long time.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Luckily no children neighbours here too try and wind mine up, but when i walk the pooches and its kids leaving school time i get woof woof noises. I had it on friday the kid honestly seemed like he had some kinda issues, i said how mature he was and as i was walking away he continued too make noises, i am seriously considering phoning up the school and complaining.
Luckily mine dont react but another dog might and it will be the dogs fault not the kids when it does wont it !!! :( also what about if he did it too an elderly person with a dog it could be quite intimidating.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
if you do have an issue with children that are coming out of school then yes i would take it up with the school.

a few years back i lived 1up in a flat with a solid concrete fronted verandah and my cat used to sit out there all the time. one day i caught secondary school kids throwing stones at him. i phoned and spoke to the headteacher who promised it wouldn't happen again, and it didn't.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I have this when people walk past our garden gate.. Not just children, sometimes grown people.
My dog doesn't react, but I always think, what IS the point? :lol:
I have often wondered what the point is, too. In my experience, it's mostly grown men that barks at dogs. I used to live above a pub and every friday and saturday night when a took my dog for the night walk there was always at least one man that just had to shout "woof woof" to my dog. One time there were two men following me and my dog while barking at her. While they were doing this, their wives/partners were walking on the other side of the street chatting with eaxh other. Had it been my partner I would have been furious :mad:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.