Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Animal Stories

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Paul Dunham, May 12, 2010.

1. Paul Dunham

Paul Dunham PetForums Senior

Do any of you guys or girls have any interesting true animal stories to tell?
    I have a lot, but I’ll just give you this one.

This is a story of an old chimpanzee called Joe. He lived in a small zoo in Warwickshire. This happened in the late seventies when I was asked come along and do some work for them.
    Joe lived in an old style zoo enclosure complete with prison type bars, but he always appeared to be happy. One morning I was scrubbing the concrete floor of the cage next door with a stiff yard brush. The lock to the cage was the old style chubb type lock where I left the key in the lock and hung onto a convenient spot in the cage I was cleaning. When I looked round I saw Joe with his arm full stretch reaching and grabbing hold of the lock and key and running to the other side of his cage with it. So I put my bush to the side and went around to the other side of the cage and told him to give them back to me. He drops the lock and key and runs to the other side of the cage and puts his arm through and grabs my brush and pulls it through the bars until the brush end stops it getting any further. Then he snaps the brush off the end and now he has my lock, keys a now the brush stale. I run around the side of the cage frustrated getting quite angry telling him to give me the dammed brush back and then he rams the stale through the bars and whacks me in the stomach winding me bending me over double. Needless to say he was enjoying himself and wouldn’t give me anything.
    In the end I went to get the guy who reared him from a baby and he told me to go and get one of those rocket lollipops from the café. He stood in front of the cage with the lollipop held out in his hand and said “Joe, go and get me that stick” and Joe went over picked up the stick and gave it to him. Then he says “Joe, get me that lock” and again he picks up the lock and gives it to him. Then he says “get me those keys” and Joe passes him the keys. He gave him the lollipop and after he had finished he lit a cigarette and passed it to him through the bars. Joe goes back indoors with the cigarette and lay’s down in his bed puffing contentedly on his cigarette looking very pleased with himself. Needless to say I never let him get away with it again.

2. staflove

staflove PetForums VIP

Bless i like monkeys, he sounds like he was a little tear away but id rather have them like that, dont agree with the cig though monkeys should not be smoking. i have loads of stories really i have one to tell most days with my lot but one storie was with my rotti i had not been shoping i was only about 22 and really needed something to eat i had 2 slices of bread and a small peice of cheese my frezzer was full thought id just have a snack made my sarni and there was a knock on the door, so i left it on the table to return to Zac haveing a good old chomp :)

3. Paul Dunham

Paul Dunham PetForums Senior

I don't agree with the cigarette either. But people did silly things in those days.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice