Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Animal Home Study Courses

Discussion in 'Animal Jobs & Working with Animals' started by girlieset, Jul 7, 2017.

1. girlieset

girlieset PetForums Newbie

Hi I wondered if people could recommend some animal home study/CPD courses that are fairly cheap?

2. PepaCub

PepaCub PetForums Junior

Depends what you are interested in and whether it is for experience or the qualification. Are you in the Pet or Veterinary trade as they tend to have a lot of in-house courses available anyway?

Or look at the Animal Care College online for starters...

3. jenniferjudy225

jenniferjudy225 PetForums Newbie

I really don’t know even if we have such a course in UK. Maybe zoology or Vet science may have some specialization.

4. caroline clark

caroline clark PetForums Newbie

Yes, it depends on what you are wanting to do long term. There are a lot of courses out there. Some full time and some part-time but try and have a basic plan of what you want to achieve. An accredited canine first aid course might be something to look at. If you don't want to travel I do an online course that is accredited and covers a wide range of emergency situations. Video demonstrations and study at your own pace. Very reasonably priced.

Attached Files:

5. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

6. caroline clark

caroline clark PetForums Newbie

Thanks for reminding everyone and I fully agree. As a Veterinary nurse and registered clinical animal behaviour counsellor I have spent a great deal of money getting myself well qualified. However, short courses can be reasonably priced - a bit like a St John's ambulance course can save a life - it ain't expensive but certainly worthwhile....and reasonably priced.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice