Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Animal cops programe

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by madferrit*, May 8, 2010.

1. madferrit*

madferrit* PetForums Senior

Just been watching this in tears!
    Knew it was a bad idea but couldn't help it.
    1st up a man beating a cat with a huge wooden pole, it was vomiting up blood, that was bad enough.
    now its just shown 2 puppies malnurished, ribs showing through and badly neglected - its f*&kin awful and he now has to leave them til the next day, i couldn't do it, and the owners just answer the door as if there's nothing wrong!!!:mad::mad::mad:
    WHY???? it makes me want to throw up, i'll never understand how humans can be so evil to another living creature:confused1:

2. madferrit*

Update- the cat was fine thank god no internal injuries.
    Cant say the same for the dogs, its so upsetting but i need to find out what happens to them.
    Its on animal planet channel if anyone has the stomach to watch.

3. Leah84

Leah84 PetForums VIP

my oh leaves the room if i turn it on, i just sit and grumble and shout at the owners then by the end i`m in tears.

4. $hAzZa

$hAzZa Shan

I watch it, I also watch dog whisperer too on animal planet:)

I get too involved nd start getting frustrated with the irresponisible owners on there:mad:

Some scenes shown on AC can be really gruesome :(

5. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I watch it from time to time but it can be so distressing :(

The human race makes me sick :mad:

6. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

I watch it occassionally I always end up in tears. There was a puppy mill raid 100 or so ambulls. All in an awful state thin, injuries, really weak. They took a couple into the court room to help them get custody of the dogs. The judge took one look at the dogs and signed them over to the SPCA. Quite a few of them died including one of the bitches they'd taken to the courtroom. It was sad. Some of the owners are just idiots. Who leaves a saint bernard outside in Texas with no shelter? They ended up taking him and treating him for severe heat stroke

7. madferrit*

Glad i'm not alone here it was really distressing to watch and i dont always watch it.
    Good news about the dogs(all bulldogs), rescue centres took them in and paid for all the treatment,including x-rays,scans and treatments. Restores some of my faith in the human race but to allow them to have got to that extent of malnutrition beggars belief........

8. welshdoglover

welshdoglover PetForums Senior

I watch these avidly and there are some real nasty people in this world who are cruel to dogs and couldn't give a t*ss :mad:
    I don't know why I watch them, but I do get a kick when the owners get their citations :D

I find the Philadelphia program the worse to watch, do you ever notice the neighbourhood backgrounds in these stories? There are some right $hitholes out there, so you mainly see the poverty stricken areas where I guess no one can afford vet's bills but that still doesn't excuse them.

The officers on the programes do a real fine job :D

9. madferrit*

Yeah its a very sad thing to watch and the officers do an amazing job!
    The one i watched was based in Miami and the area where they found the starved Bulldogs was an average neighbourhood-so i just cannot fathom why they were in such a state???? Just plain old cruelty by looks of things and when the officers asked the owner of the house if they could look at the dogs she told them they weren't hers but her husbands and they would have to phone him first!!
    Talk about passing the buck!:mad:
    This progame and the stuff i've read on here make me wanna go out and help rescues and as soon as i'm well enough i might do just that!

10. brackenhwv

brackenhwv PetForums Senior

I watch it too and it's great to see the happy endings, but I can't get my head round getting a dog then tieing it up out side to live there, what is the point ? They can hear, see / walk by these dogs yet never see that they need food or water, some of the excuses they come out with are priceless but they often just don't see what they have done wrong, Agree the guys do a great job but they do seem to have more powers than our welfare socities

11. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

I am addicted to watching these programs. It appalls me to see what people will put an animal through, but I do find it heartwarming to see the efforts people will go to to save an animal and the wonderful homes they get adopted into.

One of the ones I saw that made me really angry (and there have been lots but this one sticks in my mind) is one in NYC where they went into an apartment and removed an emaciated dog that had been starved and the woman was a) obese and b) crying because they were taking her 'beloved' pet! The SPCA agents commented on how many all you can eat buffet menus were on her wall and I just thought, you should have shared your food with your dog you fat bitch! I was mad about it for weeks!

There is a little part of me that feels a bit smug when I watch them because my dogs are so well cared for...and then I feel guilty for feeling smug...but I can't stop watching them!

12. kaisa624

kaisa624 PetForums VIP

Whenever I watch it, my OH goes out of the room. Holly normally barks at the dogs on the television, so she normally gets kicked out the room to sit with the OH playing on the console or something.

I do normally end up in tears though =[

13. MissShelley

MissShelley PetForums VIP

Aww I love these programmes! can't watch without tears. Worst one I saw was a few nights ago where a guy had beaten up two of his flatmates cats! that was awful, I was speechless :( It always amazes me that when convicted of animal cruelty in America they seem to get harsher sentances than if convicted of of harming/killing humans in this country.

Watching Pitbulls and Parolees now! I love that. Tia is an amazing lady doing fantastic work

Wildlife SOS is my fave though... It's always on too late and I end up falling asleep!

14. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

Most of the time it's all down to sheer ignorance. Huston Animal Police aired a programme in which an elderly man (around 60) was supposedly taking care of his sons pets whilst the individual in question was serving a prison sentence. The collection of dogs, birds and some reptiles were living in such squalid conditions when H.A.P eventually caught up with and confronted the father. His only line of defence was 'But that's how they were living before my son went to prison why are you going to prosecute me?' :confused1:

15. madferrit*

Think thats what gets me the most- the stupid excuses they make for the act of neglect!!:nonod:

Metaldog-god what an awful vile woman she was! Not only was that physical abuse but mental abuse too, those poor animals had to starve while watching her stuff her fat mush!:mad5:

16. Becki&Daisy

Becki&Daisy PetForums Senior

I love this programme. I hate it obviously too. Some people are disgusting... But so many happy endings on there.
    I think id actually enjoy that as a job... although it would be heartbreaking too..

17. welshdoglover

welshdoglover PetForums Senior

I don't want to come across as too controversial, but have you seen the size of their backsides over the States? They're huuuuuge, I'm surprised their sofa's don't burst and groan under the weight. :lol:

As for the poor dogs starved, that's just disgusting behaviour :mad:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice