UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured its time to practice wat i preach and want to start givin some money each month to an animal charity,

so was jst curious to know if any of yous donate?

·
Registered
9,322 Posts
i kind of donate, well in the sense that my daughter sponsors a dog for dogs trust and the £8.67 a month comes out my bank account. we were gonna sponsor anyway when a man approached us in the market asking so brody said she wanted the mystery dog and we`ve been sponsoring boyet ever since, the man was shocked as he`d never seen anyone choose the mystery dog before and kids especially go for the prettiest but brody said she just wanted to help out any dog regardless of how they look :D

other than that i volunteer for the rspca that`s another option if you can`t afford to donate as it`s helping the dogs to get out and about

·
Registered
16,347 Posts
donating is lovely but i'd advise against donating to the RSPCA's national donation thing - like the one you see on the TV ads. That mainly goes to head office and the rescue centres barely see a penny of it.

If you want to donate, I think you would be best ringing the rescue you want to support and ask if there's an account or something you can send your chosen amount of money to every month or however often :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
I donate to IFAW every month, just to do my bit.
One year I sponsored a dog for the Dogs Trust too. There are so many animal charities to choose from and they are all worthwhile causes.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was lookin at the wwf more of a worldwide thing.

i dnt think theres enuff done to prevent other countries comittin animal cruelty,

does anyone else donate to this charity?

·
Registered
875 Posts
I have recently volunteered to help out at a charity doing home checks and also as a fosterer I think helping in this way is the only way to be sure your money isn't going into someones pocket.
Cynical I know but I used to work for a v well known charity and you would be sick if you knew how much 'charity' is spent on 5* conferences for arrogant bigots!

·
Registered
835 Posts
I sponser a polar bear through WWF. Got it for the OH xmas before last. I don't know if the money goes where it's sposed to, but if I start getting suspicious of all charities I really will become the most cynical person on the planet and I don't want to do that just yet :D
xx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.