Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

ANGRY!!! Miserable boss!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ColliePower, Jul 15, 2009.

1. ColliePower

ColliePower PetForums Senior

Hi all

Advice please?!

I always come into work happy and smiling with an attitude to start the day as I mean to go on.

I always do my best and am willing and keen

Im at the end of my tether, every morning i come in to a office full of grumpy moody managers who snap at me, give me all there crap they dont want to do......and then when i get on the phone to the customers/engineers and try to be helpful and willing I get laughed at or told im too nice and not firm enough with the mobile engineers that we have to look after and move around the country.

im fed up, its the worst time to look for work at the mo I know.

Ive been here 3 yrs and everyone else is lovely, the job is alright too..i just cant cope with the arseyness all the time, when i really try hard

I suffer from depression and always try to be happy at work cos i think makes the day easier and plus makes me a better person to work with (i thought anyway!) but i go home so fed up most nights

arghhh i dont know how to deal with these guys in here, sometimes ive come out with "ok, theres no need to snap at me", when Ive had enough but i bascially get snarled at if I stick up for myself :(

2. 3 red dogs

3 red dogs PetForums VIP

Managers!!!
    There a breed apart hun, a world of there own..
    So busy planning how to spend there cash, and never enuff time for there staff.
    I to have been there, and got the tee-shirt.. Then i learnt how to deal with them.. the answer is to point out there own failings to them, and i'm sure yours, like mine, have more then a couple.
    Before they start bitching at you for 'Being Nice' ( that in its self is not even worth comprehending) give them something more to think about, point out that if 'you had done it this way, we could of avoided this'
    I did.. I got hauled into the office, and got moaned at, but after listening to his rantings i stayed calm, pointed out HIS mistakes, gave him an alternative way of doing things, shouted a bit, and used the phrase's, 'with all due respect to you' and You don't seem to realise your staff have feelings to'
    I think i made an impact.. coz they have to wear sunglasses now when i bend over.
    Guess what i am saying is give 'um something back, nothing rude, nor offensive, just productive comments.. and if of course this don't have any effect, .. well the old saying goes, if ya canny blind them with science, baffle 'um with B/S.

3. ColliePower

Hiya Red!

Cheers for your reply hun!:p

On the occasion that i say back, "well, i dealt with it this way because I felt that would listen rather then me shouting and ranting at them"

All, I get is "the engineers will walk all over you, and ive been doing it long enough to know that you cant ask them you need to tell them"

My manager specifically is rude abrupt and me, all my working career i've been in customer services and learnt how to deal/communicate/build rapours (spelt wrong) with customers, i dont agree with rudeness, etc, and i know the engineers/other staff think my boss is a complete W*****!

I dont like to think I should leave because of this, but its truly peeing me off

Im a cheery person despite all im going through right now, i try my best not to be grumpy or miserable and i know we're all different and got different personalities but I try to let them know i disagree with the way they talk to me/the engineers i get snapped and looked down on.

I just would like them to respect me and listen to my views more, but truly think that'll never happen!!!!!!!!!:cursing:

4. 3 red dogs

3 red dogs PetForums VIP

Sounds like a classic case of 'Them and Us' to me.. like i said, managers, for the most part, have no idea what its like at the sharp end of the boat! there to busy in the lounge counting there coinage!!
    I always thought that it would be good to get them to do 'our' jobs for a week and see how they get on.
    But then i guess we would have to spend the next 3 weeks sorting out all the problems they caused!!
    Maybe there just jealous because your better at your job then they are at theres!! lol
    It seems to me that the further you go up the ladder the more you get paid and the less you have to do...
    Nevermind hun, just keep smiling, and when the opportunity arises make ya point.. and don't let the b*****d's grind ya down!

5. ColliePower

Thanks again Red, you're a love!

Jealous highly unlikely!!!!! They all think there the best!

Oh and theres only limited stuff they teach me, because otherwise they wont be asked to do it and they want to feel important! Then if I know how to do it, they wont be needed its pathetic!!!!!!!

Im always sorting out there problems,dealing with the calls they never returned, emails they never replied to........

I want to be my own boss :(

6. 3 red dogs

3 red dogs PetForums VIP

I want to be my own boss

Sounds like you almost are hun.. I say Go For It!!

7. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

wack them till they smile :D

na seriously sounds like they have broom handles up thier bums, just think they are so grumpy coz they have tiny weeny privates and laugh at them!

They could be jealous actually that you do your job without being agrump, people like you e.t.c

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice