Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Android / Apple tech help

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by JoanneF, Jan 16, 2021.

1. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

Hi. Can I start by saying I'm not very tech minded so if anyone can help with an answer, can you please reply as if I was a three year old whose first language isn't English?

I bought Mr F Bluetooth headphones for Christmas. I have successfully linked them to his android phone (for radio) and ancient ipod. The ancient ipod, for some reason, doesn't connect to our WiFi so can't get any new music.

We have a slightly less ancient ipad. It does link to WiFi so it can get new music. It can't seem to ”see” the Bluetooth headphones to pair with them though (I unpaired the other devices as I believe the headphones can only pair with two things at once). And it is a bit unwieldy anyway if he wants to use the headphones while out. The ipad is successfully paired with our Bluetooth speakers and both phones for when we are away from home and need to use mobile data for internet.

So, he has an android phone - I found an Apple app that allows him to listen to his music through the headphones with that. Thought I was pretty smart. But after the free trial, it will want £9.99 a month - to listen to the music he has already bought and paid for, either from iTunes or from CDs that I successfully uploaded years ago.

Can anyone either recommend an app for listening to iTunes that isn't going to as him to pay to listen to his own music, or any other solutions? He has Amazon music on subscription but that seems to only work on one device (Alexa) and we don't want another subscription.

Thank you in anticipation.

2. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

JoanneF likes this.
  3. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

That looks like something to check out, thank you x

4. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

I’m not sure how Amazon play works as we don’t have it, any music that I’ve downloaded from Amazon as a purchase happily plays on the iPad or androids or via wifi onto my Marantz music centre. I presume Amazon play works in a different way. I e plugged earphones in but not used Bluetooth headphones, but the iPad has no problem picking up various other Bluetooth devices like a speaker. Are you up to date with the latest iPad software update? Another thing to try is to temporarily disconnect one of you other devices that are Bluetooth paired on the iPad and try again. Other then that I’m stumped

5. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

You should be able to put new music on the ancient iPod through iTunes on your laptop/computer. Would that help the situation?

6. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

Our ipad no is so old it is no longer supported by updates :(

The thing is, it just keeps going so we never felt the need to replace it.

I tried disconnecting, reconnecting, switching both things off and on. I'll check Molly's link tomorrow, hopefully I'll have some luck.

7. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

Unfortunately no, the headphones can't pair with the iPad, and even if they could its a bit big to carry around.

8. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

No I meant the iPod -

9. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

That could be the reason why

10. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

Ah, I understand - yes that could work :)

Indeed. :(

11. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

12. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

Yes, I'm a fairly tidy person so I do have the connectors, and, because I set it all up when I used to be a lot more tech savvy, I have all the music on the pc. Sounds possible!

McKenzie likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice