Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

:( And then there were four

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by Anwen, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Anwen

Anwen PetForums Junior

First kitten is on her way to her new home as I type!
    She really wasn't keen on leaving mummy and siblings behind, but they don't seem too bothered (unlike me!).
    Another one is off this afternoon, so I'll have to brace myself...
    It's just so sad, I don't know how you breeders do it year after year, you must be made from tougher stuff than me! :wink5:
    xxx

2. ruthmcnally

ruthmcnally PetForums Member

I don't breed but i now where you are coming from, my cat years ago had 6 babies and she rolled on one and it died. Then we found good homes for them all it kills me every time i have to say good bye, its natural there part of your family

you are not alone

xx

3. Dozymoo

Dozymoo PetForums VIP

I am dreading the day I will have to do this. :( Sorry to hear your feeling sad about it. But I'm sure she'll settle into her new home in no time. Take heart in the fact that you have had the opportunity to look after her for the time you've had, when she was at her cutest! ;) Good luck for this afternoon! :):):) xx

4. Anwen

Anwen PetForums Junior

It's just really sad to think that she'll never fall asleep on me aain!
    Thouht I'd put up a photo to celebrate the cuteness (so you can see why I'm so sad to let her o!)
    Thanks all for your kind words!

Attached Files:

5. Rraa

Rraa PetForums VIP

aaawwww - I know what you mean - they leave a paw mark on your heart every time ... it doesn't get any easier, even though you know in your head that they are going to good homes where they will be loved and cherished ...your heart yearns to have more snuggles with them. :p

6. Anwen

Anwen PetForums Junior

I know! Even though only one has gone so far the house feels empty :(
    Scout's new owners are coming for him at 4, so I'm cuddling him for as long as I can!
    Thanks for the replies all, it's nice to know others feel the same and I'm not an over emotional loon! :eek:ut:
    xxx

7. rottiesloveragdolls

It is hard to say goodbye :( but you know their going to good loving homes and most of mine keep in contact and send me picture updates :D

8. _soph_

_soph_ PetForums Junior

Have never experienced this before but just wanted to send you a "BIG":001_wub: cyber hug to help you through this afternoon...((((((((( HUGS ))))))))))):001_wub:

9. kitties

kitties PetForums Senior

aw your going to make me cry! how many were in the litter? are you keeping any? i dont know how we are going to give up ours when the time comes. pics are gorgeous.

10. Anwen

Anwen PetForums Junior

Sorry for the ridiculously late reply! Thanks so much for all the replies and support guys! I love this forum :D
    Kitties; there were 5 kittens, and I decided not to keep any because my other adult cat likes to be top cat, and it wouldn't be fair to keep one and upset her, altough I'm getting very attached to the lastr remaining kitten, who's not off for another week...:(
    I think Mummy cat is holding up better than me at the moment! Maybe it's 'Empty Nest Syndrome'?!
    Thanks aain everyone!! :001_wub:
    xxx

11. donna81

donna81 PetForums Member

hi, i really do feel for you.our 3 cats had kittens 4 weeks ago, time seems to be going to quickly and before i know it they will be leaving.im getting used to having 10 kittens running around, its going to be so hard when they leave :( although im keeping 3 :) and almost all the rest are staying on my street with friends so im quite lucky and ill get to see them all the time :D Like you said, i dont know how breeders do it, they are def stronger than me, although i would imagine its still hard for breeders too x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice