I've been having a little break from the forum (it's amazing what you can get done when you're not wasting time on here!) but I know a few people wanted to know how Kenzie is doing. McKenzie has had stomach issues since about the beginning of the year, mainly to do with huge amounts of gas in her tummy causing pain. She was a bit of a mystery case, and between my vet and a second opinion vet, she tried pretty much every type of drug and nothing had any effect. Yesterday she went in for an ultrasound and more x-rays with my second opinion vet (she already had 2 sets of x-rays with my original vet). The ultrasound showed only a small amount of bowel inflammation, which was surprising, and explains why so many of the drugs we tried didn't work! Unfortunately the x-rays showed a 'thickening' in one spot which worried my vet. The x-rays have been sent away to be read by a specialist, which will take a few days. Obviously I'm on tenterhooks because if there is a mass on her bowel it could be cancerous, but I'm trying not to freak out too much because there's lots of things it can be without it being cancer. But either way, if the specialist agrees there's something there I think it probably means surgery for her. Kenzie had to be sedated for the ultrasound and she's never done well with sedation/anaesthetic so she's battling her way through it! And she has a little bit of clipper burn which is irritating her. The poor girl has been very clingy so we've had a very quiet day today and she's starting to look a bit brighter Please cross your fingers for us while we wait for results.