Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

And back to the vets we go

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Mese, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

Put the dogs in the garden before we went to bed last night and Toff's poo def wasnt firm ... same thing this morning , all over the landing , ewwww ... so ive rang the vet and he's going to leave us some Pro-Kolin at reception to collect
    Im def getting worried why Toff has the squits again , his cleared up last weekend ... Gypsy is still ok after taking her Pro-Kolin

their diet hasnt changed (chicken and boiled brown rice) no treats at all and plenty of (boiled & cooled) water available , they def havent eaten anything on their walks ... im starting to think that maybe its something in our garden , though all thats in there is grass & a few nettles against the fence , def no chemicals have been put down as long as we've lived here , im just stumped and I hate that my babies are sick :(

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I really think you should have a fecal test done.

Its been going on for so long now.

3. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

what we (both myself and the vet) think has happened, is that Gypsy reinfected Toff , thats why the vet is treating him with Pro-Kolin.
    as I said, Gypsy is fine now

The vet said im to keep a sharp eye on the dogs once Toffs treatment is finished and if one of them shows signs of being ill , then both will come in for tests

4. rona

rona Guest

Might be worth keeping them both on Pro Kolin for a while.
    It's not a drug and you can buy it online.
    It might save them re infecting each other

5. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

ah right , thats good to know , thanks hun :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice