Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

And another one ( wee thread )

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by seamaster, Jul 17, 2009.

1. seamaster

seamaster PetForums Newbie

Just had Felix two weeks, a 14 week Bengal kitten, he is being a good boy, and does all the things cats do at that age.
    One minor problem is he has urinated on our duvet three times and pooed on it once, always on my side of the bed :rolleyes:.
    This morning we were playing with him and he was running around on the bed, I turned to make a comment to the wife and in the 2-3 seconds I turned my head he did a big pee and proceeded to scratch the duvet as if it was kitty litter.
    As soon as I noticed the problem I firmly said "no Felix" and took him to his litter tray and worked his paws through the litter.
    He appears to have no trouble using the litter tray and seems almost proud when he has used it.
    So how do I stop this, any ideas, I don’t want to exclude him from the bedroom for ever as he very entertaining.
    With the bedroom doors shut he does not pee anywhere else other than his tray.

Attached Files:

#1 seamaster, Jul 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  2. Cat_Crazy

Cat_Crazy PetForums VIP

It sounds like he really likes your duvet!

All I can suggest is keeping the bedroom door closed so that he does not have the opportunity to toilet on your bed and hope that he breaks the habit.

One of my cats used to poo on my living room rug :(
    They used the litter tray no problem but quite liked the rug as well so I took the rug up and had no problems at all.

I often wonder if she would start doing it again if I put the rug back but it's now in another room of the house that she shows no interest in and so it's all been fine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice