Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

anaemia in cats

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Shadow And Lightning, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Shadow And Lightning

Shadow And Lightning PetForums VIP

got my sisters little girly fluffball here for a few days, noticed shes got quite pale gums, and ate some litter earlier, that a long with fleas im thinking she may be anaemic, got a vet trip in the morning just wanted to know what they do to diagnose it, will they take blood?

2. Ianthi

Ianthi PetForums VIP

Yes, for a definitive diagnosis yes they would take ( hopefully, given the suspicion ) a small amount of blood. However, the pale gums are a very good indication of anaemia so vet may not bother. How old is she?

3. Shadow And Lightning

shes about 10 months old
    my boys are getting neutered on tuesday so im hoping whatever they do doesnt cost too much lol

4. Ianthi

Ianthi PetForums VIP

Ah! At that age most likely to be flea-related and unless severe should resolve on its own once fleas are treated. Mention litter eating to vet. If older it can be a symptom of other illnesses and I would have suggested full blood panel.

5. Shadow And Lightning

yeah ive got a mental list of things ive noticed just since shes been here, but i dont wanna just assume its flea related and something serious gets left untreated

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice