Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

An update on Tylers ear infections.

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by LouLatch, Sep 16, 2013.

1. LouLatch

LouLatch PetForums VIP

So i took both the dogs to the vet this afternoon as i suspected they both had ear infections.

I saw a different vet this time an older chap who was very nice. He had a look in all ears and they do both have infections. :(

So he has given me Aurizon to treat the infections. I havent used this before and im hoping it will do the trick. Poor Mitzie had made both her ears bleed inside from scratching which i didnt know as you cant see it. When i cleaned them today she yelped!! It takes alot to make her yelp so im doing alot of sucking up. I feel so bad poor girl!!!

This Aurizon is to be used for 10 days which is longer then the other stuff i used to get so am hopefull it will clear everything up.

He advised me to get some white vinager and mix one part with five parts water and to put a drop or two in Tylers ears every day as this kills the bacteria and yeast and changes the composition of the ear wax so should stop the infections reoccuring. I explained that he is always uncomfortable and irritated by his ears so this should sort him out.

I will give it a go and if this doesnt help i will ask them for a swab test to see if theres anything else going on in there.

Im just frustrated they havent tryed to help more before, but this chap told me about the vinager before i even asked.

2. Gemmaa

Gemmaa PetForums VIP

A few years ago, Freddie dunked his head in a really dirty pond in the woods, and his ears ended up looking like a bog. Totally clogged up, looked absolutely terrible.
    The vet gave us Aurizon and they cleared up within a few days :).

I've been trying the white vinegar thing recently, without much improvement...but have found Quistel to be pretty amazing.

3. catseyes

catseyes PetForums VIP

awww bless them both.. hope they both feel much better soon.

Hugs from us all here x

4. labradrk

labradrk PetForums VIP

Oh that's good - I find Aurizon to be much better than Canural. Hopefully that will work for them.

5. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

I hope the Aurizon will work and their ears are better soon.

6. clayton1985

clayton1985 PetForums VIP

Lester suffers quite alot with ear infections....iv found colloidal silver a life saver for keeping them at bay....cleaning them every two days with it an a couple of drops down it if it looks a bit red have managed to keep them at bay for more than a few months now

7. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Neither of yours are older dogs are they?

Aurizon made Alfie deaf overnight. It was permanent :(

Its a known side effect, mainly affecting older dogs.

8. LouLatch

LouLatch PetForums VIP

Oh gosh poor boy!!!!!

Tyler is 4yrs old and Mitzie is 6yrs old. They have had their first dose this evening.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice