UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a little update on the Smudge situation, for those that saw the original thread, or anyone who's interested :cool:

This was the original thread here: http://www.petforums.co.uk/cat-chat...nfusing-turn-events-super-cute-mc-kitten.html

So it's been almost a month since then, and things are much, much better :)
We have decided that there is no need to rehome Smudge anymore, and she will be staying right here with her new best friend Oreo.
She really does like him, so much so that she doesn't seen to have time to bother Rocco anymore. She's been an absolute angel, playing nicely, not attacking anybody and eating all of her food without turning her nose up. Rocco, in turn, is also a lot happier now he doesn't have to hide from her, and can safely pass by her without being ambushed.
Lucy still hates her, but then again she always has done, but has been leaving her alone recently as she only goes for her if Smudge is bullying Rocco usually.

I'm still quite shocked by the turn of events. I really would never have guessed that bringing a new cat in could settle a household in that way. I still can't explain how or why it seems to have worked, but I'm glad it has and am hoping it now continues like this, and we don't go back to how it was before. I don't know what else we could have done if it hadn't been for this.

It's so nice to see them all happy together, especially in comparison to being woken up in the early hours to howling, spitting, blood curdling screeches and fur flying! I hope they all feel a lot more contented now, they certainly seem it and we do still have the feliway on in case anybody has a moody day ;)

Oh, and that super cute MC kitten?

He's grown a fair whack, look see :p

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.