Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

An Update on Prince Eric!!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by pinkfluffyballs, Apr 1, 2011.

1. pinkfluffyballs

pinkfluffyballs PetForums Member

Due to popular demand I am giving you all an update on my little prince!!

Thanks again for all your support when I needed it, still make me all warm and fuzzy inside!

Eric is still quite skinny but he has a massive appetite and is eating LOADS! He usually has mostly dry but has been wolfing meat down. Cooked him a little bit of leftover salmon fillet earlier (spoilt or what!).

The poor thing had a couple of war wounds which has practically healed and scabs starting to dry up, they were only very tiny once cleaned.

He was very lethargic until today, has perked up nicely and has his miaow back which is good! He seems a lot happier, has started to groom himself again, he was feeling a bit sorry for himself until today.

He has been hiding slightly more than he used to but is doing it less and less. Even as a young kitten he never hid under the bed but has done the last few days but he is getting his confidence back and has started to jump around again :D

On the downside, I did find a few ticks today on his ears :( I have re-frontlined him (he was only done the week before he ran off) and I have pulled off all the ticks i've found. The ticks were very small and didn't appear to have any blood inside so might have caught it in time. Anymore suggestions on what I can do? Do I need to shampoo or anything?

P.S. Eric said thanks for being such huge fans :p

2. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Yaaayyyyyyy!!!!!

Go Eric, Go Eric....... :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I'm sure your little man is just getting over his great big adventure and will be back to his old happy ways very soon.

Thank YOU so much for keeping us all updated on things over the 2 weeks of Eric's Saga. The positive outcome will give much hope to others who find themselves in the same sad situation.

We're all looking forward to hearing more of his happy antics in years to come.

Singing: We're not worthy oh Great Eric, We're not worthy....... Singing:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

3. pinkfluffyballs

I really hope it does, it was such a tough two weeks and if it keeps another kitty owners spirits up then my updates will be worth it :D

We could turn this story into a film :cool:

4. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

It is lovely to hear an update!
    I don't have any personal experience of ticks....but don't you need to remove them in a special way to remove the mouth parts???

5. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Good to hear that Eric is settling back in to his home again.You must be so happy,I dont know what I would do if Meeko disappeared,he is an indoor cat so "hopefully"I never have to find out.As for the ticks,be very careful when you remove them that you dont leave part of the tick still attached,.Keep checking the areas for infection.

6. Jocatza

Jocatza PetForums Junior

Oh I do like a happy thread. I am sure Eric will be back to normal very soon now that he is in his own home and being spoilt rotten. :)

Double check Eric all over for ticks. We had a pus once who was unwell and we eventually found a couple of large ticks in his armpit. Never thought to look there even though we had found a couple in his ears and one sat on top of his head. :(

7. honeysmummy

honeysmummy PetForums VIP

so glad eric is starting to find his feet...it made my week to know he made it home :):)

8. pinkfluffyballs

Yeah i've pulled the whole tick off and double-checked nothing was left attached, they were all starting crawling when I removed them, I killed them with nail varnish removed in a cup! It said use alcohol but I only had my nice gin lol! ;)

9. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

Yey Eric thread :001_wub: :lol:

Glad to see he's grooming himself again :D always a good sign

We love you mr puss!

We could have merchandise and everything :eek:

MY idea before anyone else tries to copyright it :lol:

Em
    xx

10. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Glad to read that you didnt waste the Gin :D

11. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

oh the poor baby! Glad he us getting back to his old self, must have knocked it out of him :(

ID use advocate, thats is for worms/fleas/ear mites, the vets have a certain shampoo for it, clean him then apply, dont need to do it for another 3/43weeks then, then re-do.

:)

12. Ally-Kats

Ally-Kats PetForums VIP

Brilliant news, I always felt that he would be found, don't know why I just did, so glad I was right :)

13. pinkfluffyballs

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend :)

Went to pets at home and got Eric some treats, I love spoiling him!!

Thought i'd pop some new photos on :D

x

Attached Files:

14. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

Good afternoon you handsome purrer :D

Love the second photo, he's all 'I know things...and I'm not telling ANY of you'

Is the first one a little sunflower type thing? Want it :eek: :lol:

Em
    xx

15. harrys_mum

harrys_mum PetForums VIP

eric is lovely,
    the third picture looks like hes thinking of doing a runner again,
    no eric...
    michelle x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice