Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

An indoor and an outdoor cat

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Hannah Kelly, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Hannah Kelly

Hannah Kelly PetForums Newbie

Hi all,

My friend has recently got a rag doll kitten (ADORABLE), however she didn’t realise she couldn’t have pets in her flat. I would love to take her.
    My issue is that I have a 10 year old moggy who loves going out on our land and up to the in laws. I am not concerned about the two cats together as I know he’s fine with cats and dogs.

Obviously a ragdoll should be indoors only and there’s no way I could cat proof the land.

Can you have two cats-one that goes out and one that doesn’t or would that just cause too many issues?

lorilu likes this.
  2. Shrike

Shrike Brooke's faithful manservant

You could try a chip enabled cat flap, though I would worry about the indoor only one tailgating the outdoor when he goes out. Would it be possible to have an "airlock" so outdoor puss needs to go through two chip reading catflaps to reduce the danger? Or can outdoor puss ask to go out but can come back inside anytime as you can set the flap to be entry only.

lorilu likes this.
  3. Shrike

Shrike Brooke's faithful manservant

Just to add my Brooke has a chip flap to come and go as she pleases, but our old family cat had to ask to go out and come back in, as do my neighbour's pair who I sometimes feed and let in and out during the day.

4. Hannah Kelly

Hannah Kelly PetForums Newbie

Thanks that’s really helpful and a good idea. Thanks for your reply! I also love your bio!

Shrike likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice