Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

An Appeal for Bruno!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Trevs_mum, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Trevs_mum

Trevs_mum PetForums Member

I'm cross posting this from The Bullie Board, as little bruno needs all the help he can get!!
    Bruno is current with Jan of PoshPussRescue, and definatly deserves a helping hand in life.

Heres his story.....

Bruno is the tripod dog who is the mascot dog for Bully Befrienders. It is thought that he was originally used as a bait pup in a dog fight. He has been with me here for a few months and has improved dramatically in spirit and is actually enjoying life but Bruno is walking on a knife edge. Sadly, x rays on Bruno's one remaining front leg have indicated a shocking prognosis. The bones in the leg itself are not properly fused after what appears to have been a breakage of some eighteen months ago. This would certainly coincide with the date of his amputation. To complicate matters the amount of arthritic degeneration in the leg makes any surgical work almost impossible. My regular vets said surgery would not be possible and the only thing Bruno could be helped with was a prescription for pain killers.

I have had the radiographs sent to Fitzpatrick Referrals in Surrey and there is a chance that Noel Fitzpatrick can help Bruno. He is being tremendously positive and supportive and a pending visit will finalise what Bruno could be offered in the way of help with his leg using high-tec methods. The estimated minimum cost of saving Bruno's limb and by consequence his life will be three thousand pounds. Further details on what is to be done will be provided after Bruno's consultation. I am desperately needing bully fans to come together and help raise money for Bruno to have his operation and improved mobility and live out the rest of his life free from pain. If Bruno does not have this intervention he will not live to see four years old.

I am about to launch a major appeal to try to raise funds for Bruno's life to be saved. Bruno will also feature in a film which is being made by Noel Fitzpatrick. More news will follow. In the meantime photos of Bruno will appear on my website and follow his journey to happiness here. This dog is only three years old. I have been advised without intervention on his limb he will not make four. Work on his leg is extremely urgent as further deterioration may render it undoable. Please help me to help Bruno.

Unfortunately Jan needs a minimum of £3,000 for his surgery.

I know times are hard for alot of us, but any small ammount you can donate to help this little guy would be much appriciated.

Thanks for reading

Ju xxx

P.S. Here is the link to Jan's website theres a PAYPAL link at the bottom of the page to donate, on the following link.....BRUNO APPEAL PAGE

PPS. Oh and theres a few pics of the little cutie at the bottom, loads more on the appeal page.

Attached Files:

#1 Trevs_mum, Jul 23, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Wouldnt it just be kinder to PTS him?

With so many dogs needing help, £3000 could go a long way.

#2 Nonnie, Jul 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2009
  3. Trevs_mum

Trevs_mum PetForums Member

I understand everyone is entitled to an opinion, but I really don't want this thread turning into a debate over whether Bruno deserves to live or not.

An appeal for funds is being held, and I was just asking for those who thought it was a good cause to donate what little they had.

Thanks xxx

4. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Ok, sorry.

Hope you get the help you need. Sorry, but my principles mean i cant donate.

5. Ty-bo

Ty-bo PetForums Senior

All sorted :D

6. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

could they get a second opinion or a few and see if they can do it cheaper??

what about sponsering a fun run in his name, a table top sale mmm dress up in pj's day in the local pub or something?

hopefully he can get the help he needs.xx

7. PoshPussRescue

PoshPussRescue PetForums Newbie

Hello, I am Jan of Posh Puss.Bully Befrienders who initiated this appeal. You raise two points and I would like to comment on them.
    First, why on earth is it more kind to put a dog with a good spirit to sleep than to enable him to live and enjoy life?
    Secondly, I have spoken with people who have used Fitzpatrick Referrals and have spoken very highly of their expertise and their good work. Noel Fitzpatrick who you claim thinks of himself as a veterinary god has been nothing other than supportive of myself and Bruno and has actually offered to give his own theatre time free of charge.
    If you do not want to donate, fine, but why the negativity?

8. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I'll gladly explain via PM. The op clearly stated she doesnt wish the thread to become a debate, and i shall respect that.

9. PoshPussRescue

Thanks for the supportive comments Daynna. The pjs day is a good idea. Thanks for that. People are largely being very supportive of Bruno so that is great. Just wanted to let you know that this is already a second opinion. Bruno originally went to my own vets in Cornwall. I have referred him to Fitzpatricks for a second opinion as they are extremely hi tech and well qualified to do the work.

10. PennyM

PennyM PetForums Newbie

I have read the quote from below and it would appear that "Nonniie" would prefer the title of god to be included in her name! Who are we to say who should live and who should die?
    Go for it Jan, those who really care for the welfare of animals are right behind you and no doubt the three thousand will be exceeded.

11. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

That's rather rude.
    I think you should keep your opinions about people to yourself.

I know you care for the welfare of animals, but no need to say anything rude about a forum member.

12. PoshPussRescue

I know a nurse who used to work for Fitzpatrick, and ive dealt with him aw fe times myself. Thinks of himself as a bit of a veterinary god, and doesnt always put the animals needs first.

I think Penny was responding to this remark copy and pasted from above which was also not very pleasant.
    The good news is that the three thousand for Bruno to be helped has been almost reached and so thank you to all those good folk out there who have donated and sent good wishes. At the end of the day it is all about being positive and trying to remain friendly, yes???:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice