Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

an American Pooch in London

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mayadog, Apr 9, 2011.

1. mayadog

mayadog PetForums Newbie

Hello all,
    my name is Maya and I am the family dog.
    I was born in the United States, where my dad - a nice guy from Brooklyn - brought me home to my mom, who was born in Italy, and my sister, Mina - a very nice albeit maybe a little overweight lady cat. We have lived in New England for almost three years, until these crazy people I live with decided to move to London.
    And so the bureaucratic path started, with micro-chipping and vaccinating and blood testing and so forth. But both myself and my sister and in excellent health, and we'll be landing in Heathrow on Tuesday 3 May. My parents have secured a lovely flat in Shepherds Bush, and while it has a little bit of a terrace, I cannot wait to visit the neighboring Hammersmith Park and Shepherds Bush Green - and then on to new adventures.
    I am a very social and happy dog, and I am looking forward to meeting new friends and having the chance to play. By joining this forum I hope maybe set up some play dates or get some advice for life in the city, as I really only experienced quiet New England and might be a little nervous at first in the big metropolis.
    I hope you'll reach out and become my friend - my mom will help me keep in touch.
    Looking forward to starting to explore my new home, and to hearing from those of you that would like to meet for a romp in Hammersmith Park soon!
    Best,
    Maya the Dog:D

P.S. my mum is asking - if someone can help with these human matters: do I (and my sister Mina the Cat) have to be registered with any authorities once I arrive in the UK?:confused:

#1 mayadog, Apr 9, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  2. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

Hello Maya! I'm Bumble :)

If you want to talk to us dogs when your hoomans aren't using the computer then come to the 'not just for hoomans 4' thread :D

Bumby

(and Em)

xx

3. DaisytheTT

DaisytheTT PetForums Senior

Hello and welcome :D

I don't think you need to be registered with any authorities (someone will correct me if I'm wrong I am sure). Would be advisable to be microchipped if you are not already (and if you are already to get your address details changed). Dogs over here have to wear a collar with clear owner contact details on it when they are out and about. That's about the only 'law' I can think of right now.

4. mayadog

mayadog PetForums Newbie

hello and thank you!!
    I have a microchip, because I had to go through a lot of steps to be allowed to come into the UK - if anyone is curious about moving with pets to the UK I am sure my mum would be happy to share our experience - so I'll just change the address with that... and I'll make sure to get a new collar with the new information on :D
    Do you know if cats need that too? My sister Mina the cat might be jealous if I am the only one to sport new fashion accessories...
    :)

5. fiennesd

fiennesd PetForums Newbie

HI and welcome to London. I live in Kent now but lived in London for over 30 years - you have to experience Hampstead Heath on a Sunday - high up and lovely place to meet fellow dog lovers. Hyde Park and a coffee by the Serpentine are a must and Kensington Gardens (see the Palace and people sailing their boats on the round pond) - just SO much to do! Hope you will Like my pageforpets on facebook. Enjoy life - have fun
    Denise

6. northnsouth

northnsouth PetForums VIP

You don't have to be registered with any authorities but ask your Mum to take you to a few vets around your area and get some feed back from clients. After all if you or your feline pal are taken poorly you want to know you can trust your vets and the nurses are kind and well trained. It is kinda nice to meet them while you are at your best then should you be cranky they will know it's because you are not well ..... Welcome to England hope you will all be very happy...

#6 northnsouth, Apr 12, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  7. zaccysash

zaccysash Banned

hello and welcome to the site

8. Hi and welcome to pet forums. cat collars are not a must but they are available to buy if your feline sister would like one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice