Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

An Alternative To JWB Dry?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by mr.stitches, Jul 8, 2009.

1. mr.stitches

mr.stitches PetForums VIP

Hi All

Pip has JWB wet with a handful of JWB dry for each meal. She isnt overly keen on the dry, and will usually finish it off in her own time!

Is there an alternative to JWB dry that isnt a pile of rubbish?! Pip is nearly out of her current batch of dry, the Ocean White Fish one, and I didnt know wether to try her on a different dry but keep the wet the same.

I dont want anything with additives and 'junk' in though please!

Thanks!

2. A supurb dry food os Arden Grange! You can get some cracking deals if you shop around! there is an ebay seller that sells it regulary for less the £30 a bag including postage!

Noushka uses the same seller! and Sallyanne I know tried it recently!
    I have been well impressed by it for some time now so I have tunneled vision! But maybe one of the other two would give you their opinions
    lol
    DT

3. By the way!!! if you ever consider wet! Nature diet is a very good natural food!
    regards
    DT

4. Natik

Natik PetForums VIP

we changed ours on arden grange and the dogs love it...we get it for £22 per 15 kg bag, so a difference in price to royal canin, what we used to feed :D

5. mr.stitches

Thank you DT....it sounds like you work for Arden you love it that much!

I take it the Arden doesnt have much nastys in it?

I have seen the natures diet...they look like large portions...Pip only has half a JWB morning and night, which works well. I would want to keep a pouch open for too long though.

Do you mix and match your foods?

6. mr.stitches

Good value then!

I have heard a lot about Royal Canin, but many people say its not that great....they just sound good by saying 'breed specific foods'.

Do yours just have dry food?

7. rona

rona Guest

8. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

Another arden grange feeder here! :) full of goodness i think its much much better them JWB which i fed before

Natures diet is quite a large tub one would prob feed a small dog for the whole day and maybe one meal then next day if its mixed with dry

zebs 30kg but i only give him half a tub at lunch mixed with some biscuits. He has fish flavour this month and it stinks lol its really really fishy!! hes loves it :)

9. Natik

Natik PetForums VIP

Yes, it is compared to £47 for RC :D

I feed mine raw meat and veg as well during the week, but their main meals are only the arden grange biscuits. They like it more than the RC i must say :)

10. Dylan & Daisy

Dylan & Daisy PetForums VIP

I use the Royal Canin dry and my pup loves it :D

11. mr.stitches

Just had a look on the Arden site and am surprised at how much food they do!

Looking at the dry, they do an Adult Mini Lamb and Rice but its is only available for breeders.....I think that Pippin would like the chicken, lamb or salmon with rice.

Do you know anywhere that does tester samples as it were?

Do you think it would be ok on her tum to use different brands of wet and dry?

She has never had a dicky tum...touch wood!

Has anyone tried the Arden wet?

Im quite happy with JWB wet at the moment although I may look into the Natures Diet. Pip gets veggies too in the week, and we feed her a small tin of mackeral once a week which she loves!

Rona...I have heard of Burns....im not sure if I have seen it on our little island yet though! Is that what Alf is on?

#11 mr.stitches, Jul 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  12. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

If you email Arden Grange, and explain to them your problems etc, they will send a sample.

They sent me a free 2kg bag to try.

13. mr.stitches

Wow, thats good!

Thanks Nonnie x

14. The person who is paying £22 for a bag! that is a cracking price!

Mr Stitches - Arden grange has none of the devivatories and nasties associated with many of the dried food !

Yep! I do mix Nature Diet! Mine have that as their main meals mixed with a cup of AG at each meal! If I have any problems I will totally remove the dry!

I pack of nature diet will keep up to 48 hours in the fridge once unopened I believe!
    regards
    DT

15. mr.stitches

Can I ask why you changed from JWB? Did your dogs have any bad tums/wind etc?

16. mr.stitches

Sounds like a good food then....its great that you mix the two! Pip may be having the same food as yours soon! Its good that it keeps in the fridge....so long as OH doesnt mistake it as his lunch :D

17. rona

rona Guest

No Alfie has Nature Diet and Chappie tinned. He does get a little JWB spread around the Garden. I do have to be extra careful what I feed because if Muddy.
    JWB doesn't upset Muddys tum in small quantities

18. Know the question is not aimed am me but that is a know downside to the JWB pups/dogs fed on that often produce much more waste that on other compatiable dry Food!

DT

19. mr.stitches

The name Chappie always makes me smile...I always think of a cute little scottier terrier or something!

Thats a good idea to spread it around the garden, I like that :)

20. rona

rona Guest

Keeps them both amused for 10 mins ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice