Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

An alternative to harnesses...

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by CoCoTrio, Aug 31, 2013.

1. CoCoTrio

CoCoTrio PetForums VIP

Who needs a harness when you want to go out with your cat?

Philadelphia cycling guy uses 'CAT-NAV' to get around. See Mary-Jane whispering directions in his ear...

[youtube_browser]pN0CkkY3_rQ[/youtube_browser]

and here's MJ when she was a Cat-Nav Kitten in training:

[youtube_browser]WTLsAnxUwzQ[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]hPMYwcSi3eg[/youtube_browser]

:cool::

2. MoochH

MoochH Mum to Moochie

Cute :thumbup1:

3. thatsafunnylookingcat

thatsafunnylookingcat PetForums Senior

Although it's very sweet and the cat doesn't seem to mind I can't help but think that it could be very very dangerous. If the cat was to fall or jump I can't imagine the outcome being at all good, not to mention this would be a huge distraction to most drivers. My thoughts would probably be different if it was going on in a small village than they are to it happening in a city as well.

Sorry to be a misery!

4. CoCoTrio

CoCoTrio PetForums VIP

Have to assume the cat is happy to be getting a ride, and is guaranteed not to jump off, but given that, I was thinking about safety too and that a cat on a bike is probably actually safer than a cat in a car, in a typical accident...

I mean a cat's going to have more of a chance maybe 4 feet off the ground travelling through the air at (say) 10mph in a bike crash, compared to being loose in a box in a car crashing at 30mph or more.

Not to say it's particularly safe to ride on a cyclist's shoulders, but a cat loose in a box in a car is very vulnerable, just like a kid without a seatbelt. At least on the bike the cat could jump, or gets a chance to make a landing, instead of just slamming into a wall in a fraction of a second.

It's grim to think about accidents with vehicles and pets :( but I bet the cat on the bike is safer than she looks. Depending on the rider's care and attention of course. I suppose the guy might have been better to take his helmet off for the videos. Or could he have got one for her?! :D

5. moggiemum

moggiemum PetForums VIP

oh yes true and the cats cute too:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice