Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Amount of food per mouse?

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by salemsparklys, Nov 14, 2012.

1. salemsparklys

salemsparklys PetForums Senior

How much do you all feed your mice? I noticed this AM when I got Buster out hes getting a little porky and I want to rein it in now before he gets overweight:)

2. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

I never weigh it out, I have a group of 9 and if I put the right amount in for each mouse I would have skinny ones and fattys, Now Jiggy has his multi girlfriends I would have the same problem with them too. Ive got two mice who are a wee bit chunky but the rest are how they should be. If you have a mouse who needs to diet you might be better off getting him out more than they others and doing things with him that help him to work it off. also scatter feeding helps as they cant just sit at the bowl noshing.

3. salemsparklys

I scatter feed as they are lazy so and so's who eat whats on top but dont bother to see whats on the bottom:eek:

Going to make a playpen for them so they can spend a little more time running around safely:)

4. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

I never weigh out feeds unless I need to for medical reasons, I just go by eye really. If they look a lil chubby I'll cut down fatty stuff, if they look thin I'll add extra and if they look good then I know I have it just right :p

5. salemsparklys

My friend feeds 1/2 a persil wash cap per mouse but they all look a little on the lean side too me:eek: I think I like mine a little chunky:eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice