UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to try stuff we don't get in the UK while I am here - so what do the forumers from across the pond recommend?

So far I have tried:

Twinkies - YUM
PayDay Bar - different, but nice
Slim Jim - NOT yum - but the fish liked it :D
Root Beer - I adore this stuff :thumbup:

I have noticed the coleslaw is very sweet compared to the UK :blink:

So what else can I try that I cant get in the UK? :D

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Not American but Canadian. Im sipping on a can of rootbeer right now :D Only Barq's tho its my fav I drink way to much! got a couple of cases of it in the basements, its my one treat everyday.

Hmmmmmmm

Lucky Charms

Kraft Dinner

Ketchup flavor chips

Jolly Ranchers

One thing I cant get enough of at the British Candy store in the mall is Curly Wurly's

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
No fair!!! I haven't been to Florida yet and I live in the states. :p I doubt there is much apple picking in Florida.

Don't know if they have them in the UK but my favorite when I'm in the mood for junk food is Dots. They are sweet. Beware, they are very chewy and get caught in your teeth and you'll soon be looking for a toothbrush. lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dots_%28candy%29

·
Registered
12,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:lol: Theres loads of places in the UK I havent been to - gotta say I love Florida though!

I was in Orlando 10 years ago - did the whole Disney / Universal thing when Jake was 10 - so I have only been here twice,and both times its been Florida!

I really want to visit NY, and Maine is another place I would love to go :yesnod:

Will have a look for Dots tomorrow :D

·
Registered
304 Posts
Mountain Dew (You get Mountain Dew energy here but it tastes different to me:D) oh wait thats American drinks :D

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
If you can find an outback steak house, you HAVE to try their coconut shrimp... Whenever we go to the US we have to have these :D

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
My faves are:

Twinkies
S'mores
Reeces Nutrageous bars
Grape soda
Lucky Charms
Hershey chocolate bar
American pancakes
Pop-Tarts
Pretzels
Hershey cookies'n cream bar
Marshmallow fluff
Tootsie Roll
Reece's Pieces
Pretzel Flipz
Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwich
Fluffed utter sandwich (peanut butter & marshmallow fluff)
Hotdogs
Bagels
Corn dog
Grape jelly
Oreos

All super favorites of mine - think I was born in the wrong country!!!

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I'm sure we used to get Mountain Dew here. I have memories of it being the 'in' drink at school! :D

I'll second Lucky Charms. I love them but in general find a lot of American food super sickly sweet.

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
We went to Gater Land and had a lovely meal of alligator cooked in all sorts of ways.

I love blueberry pie but have never made it so it tastes the same here. I wish I knew the secret

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.